• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

what rem 700 short action chassis candidates to consider...

do you smith yourself, or use somebody local here in MA?
No I wish. I’ve been looking at lathes tho just for another expensive hobby cause I don’t have enough.

There are a lot of great smiths I wouldn’t hesitate to use around the country. I’ve used PVA, Robert’s Precision and current tube is from Preece Precision.

My plan for these two is to go to Chad Heckler as I’ve heard good things from a few friends.

You can’t go wrong with a BR, I dont care what anyone says. I’ve got two 6mm blanks ready to get chambered and I’m really debating doing a straight BR.

For the last two years I’ve been running a 6BRA and I have no regrets but for the speed I run I could easily just run a BR.
Inside of 800 yards, you literally CAN'T beat a 6BR.
If 1000yds is in your future, then the Dasher is better.

Inside of 800 yards, you literally CAN'T beat a 6BR.
If 1000yds is in your future, then the Dasher is better.
It’s really splitting hairs with all the BR based cartridges. I just ran the ballistics on my Berger 108 Elites doing 2800 vs 2900 and it’s a tenth less wind drift at 1k in a 6mph full value wind.

It’s really splitting hairs with all the BR based cartridges. I just ran the ballistics on my Berger 108 Elites doing 2800 vs 2900 and it’s a tenth less wind drift at 1k in a 6mph full value wind.

Good info and even more reason for me to do my next build with plain 6BR and no need to worry about forming brass. Biggest issue will be feeding from mags.

Yup. Here in NE, it doesn't really matter; our ranges are fairly sheltered so we don't get the wind calls like they do in Ohio, Indiana, etc.

Personally, I need a 338 Lapua in order to enjoy shooting at my 100 yd range. How about 6mm ARC. You know, just to be different.

the mpa rifle i have is amazing in 6 dasher, but i am still not sure if it feeds reliably from any of mags i have. i kinda made it all work, but i have a feel that even a slight imperfecton or pressure on the mag will result again with round dropping its nose and pressing into the barrel.

You have enough centerfire, drop a rimfire action into that chassis.

Back
Top Bottom