• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blue Northern Trading - Going Out Of Business Sale Today, Tomorrow, and Saturday

I wonder how many people I know have a stuffed bear that they can loan out. Questions that make you go HMMMMMMMM? My sorrows at a LGS closing BTW.

I remember the first "Gun Room" in Shrewsbury (on the same side as Spags) . . . Peter Dowd had a big bear in the window of that shop. I seem to think that the one at Blue Northern was bigger but many years have passed since Peter Dowd had that location so my perception of size might be off.

Do you recall what type? Modern, antique? Pietta?

All uberti. When I went in there were 5. Only one left by the time I left. I picked up a 1847 walker and 1851 navy. I felt bad buying them for so cheap. It's sad seeing a shop that I grew up going to closing its doors. Those guys are great and I hope they land on their feet after shutting down.

All uberti. When I went in there were 5. Only one left by the time I left. I picked up a 1847 walker and 1851 navy. I felt bad buying them for so cheap. It's sad seeing a shop that I grew up going to closing its doors. Those guys are great and I hope they land on their feet after shutting down.

Thanks- I saw that last Uberti.

Sorry to see them go – I would make the trip every once in a while and always liked the store and its people. I recall finding boxes of 500 22LR during the big Sandy Hook shortage.

There are a few firearms left, and a variety of powder. I picked up 3 pounds myself. Tons of fishing stuff – yeah, I almost felt bad for picking up a very nice Shimano reel for half off. There is a huge selection of flyfishing stuff. If anyone is looking for a high-quality larger size fly reel – there are tons of those. Still a huge selection of Flytying materials and tools as well.

Still some great St. Croix rods available. I bought two, reluctantly left a Tidemaster on the rack.

My son bought a st Croix for $50. Also took one of the showroom oak display rod holders for $17. If you are in need of some fishing stuff he has plenty.

Modern replicas. Call them at 978-772-6779 and ask.

Thanks- made it in there. They only had one Uberti left, a Navy I think. Was nice to chat and say bye (unfortunately...). They did have a few types of powder left. I picked up a couple pounds of 4198, which my .458 SOCOM guzzles.

Thanks- made it in there. They only had one Uberti left, a Navy I think. Was nice to chat and say bye (unfortunately...). They did have a few types of powder left. I picked up a couple pounds of 4198, which my .458 SOCOM guzzles.

Yes, I picked up the BP Uberti 44cal dragoon and 1860 Army...
It is a true shame, was one of my "rotation" gun stores.
Enjoyed talking with the proprietor and wished him and his family the very best of luck.

It's a shame I went in Friday during the day to say bye to the guys. Bought my first pound of powder from the guys.

[sad] These guys were my preferred LGS. Most of my "retailed purchased" guns were bought through them. Rarely the cheapest but never overly expensive. Not the largest inventory, but usually there was something worth looking at. Always friendly and helpful. Will try to stop by, even if it's just to say goodbye.

I was thinking about getting a Winchester Model 52 that's for sale there, but have decided to keep the vintage target 22LR I already have. Price was reasonable considering what those go for lately. Just a head's up in case anyone was looking for one. Obviously best to call first since they are selling out what they have.

Bummer that a cool store like this could not make a go of it. I think mostly the category killers and online sales are the culprit.

I bought several guns there, including my "wedding shotties". When my ex lived in Shirley and I drove out there to pick up my daughters I would stop in and shop, found my "Biden" there and a $65 Marlin60 I turned around and sold to a member here. Always tried to buy a box of something. Real nice guys, always worth the visit, very sad to see them go.

I went in Saturday, found some good gun cleaning supplies for half off. There was not much left, that's for sure.

I was going to offer him something for the big yellow Piper Cub hanging from the ceiling, but my wife squashed that one!

I went in Saturday, found some good gun cleaning supplies for half off. There was not much left, that's for sure.

I was going to offer him something for the big yellow Piper Cub hanging from the ceiling, but my wife squashed that one!

I was there Saturday afternoon. I'm pretty sure somebody bought it while I was there. Also saw a guy buy the kayaks off the outside

What's the status of the Enfield's et. al that were displayed but never for sale? There were more in the basement I believe.

I was there Saturday and bought the st Croix fishing rod display rack and a new rod. Missed out on some cool lighted signs. There are still some cool signs and pictures there though. Not much gun stuff left. Some good deals on waiters and fishing stuff.

I was there Saturday and bought the st Croix fishing rod display rack and a new rod. Missed out on some cool lighted signs. There are still some cool signs and pictures there though. Not much gun stuff left. Some good deals on waiters and fishing stuff.

The Savage Arms neon sign with the Indian and the St. Croix fluorescent sign are both in my basement. I also bought the long wooden engraved Blue Northern Trading Company sign. I asked if they'd throw in the inflated S&W Airlite revolver that has been hanging over their gun cases for as long as I can remember. Glad I was able to give them one last sale, as well as managing to grab something with their name on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Savage Arms neon sign with the Indian and the St. Croix fluorescent sign are both in my basement. I also bought the long wooden engraved Blue Northern Trading Company sign. I asked if they'd throw in the inflated S&W Airlite revolver that has been hanging over their gun cases for as long as I can remember. Glad I was able to give them one last sale, as well as managing to grab something with their name on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw you loading those up. Those are some cool signs. I am sad to see them go but will remember them every time I go fishing and go to my rod rack to grab a rod.

I was there Saturday afternoon. I'm pretty sure somebody bought it while I was there. Also saw a guy buy the kayaks off the outside

I was there around the same time. They were just taking off the kayaks from the wall when I was there.

Oh yeah. The building is for sale now. There was a realtor sign out front this morning :-(

What's the status of the Enfield's et. al that were displayed but never for sale? There were more in the basement I believe.

They mentioned that someone made a offer on the entire collection, that they where considering. Sounded like they didn't intend to sell them piecemeal

I saw you leaving with that thing, and thought "I should have thought of that"
I am also dismayed I did not get the inflatable airlight.
Who got the bear?

In any case, how late are they opn T,F, S this week? I would like to try to get some signs (if any left), and some other stuff, as well as some reels.

Back
Top Bottom