blood loss is almost always TOO SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes at least 5 seconds for blood loss to shut down the body. you need his arms to fall in 1/2 second or less. So it's either head hits (which often work really well, even if the cranium is not pierced) or create enough pain and shock to make him psychologically QUIT. of course the latter is not 100%, but it's the best chance we have of a stop that's FAST enough. Physical incapacitation, from torso hits, is NEVER fast enough. It can't be. What we see when torso hits DO suffice, is a psychological quitting, if it occurs in less than 5 seconds.

When you see a double carotid choke applied, ALL blood flow to the brain has been stopped. Yet the guy IS able to flop around a lot, for 3-4 seconds, at least. he can shoot/stab/club 4 or more times per second, with each hand, and he can have buddies who can do the same. So, what you want is loads/hits that maximize shock/destruction/pain, and which make it easy for you to get lots of hits, very swiftly.

The range will be very short, under 10 ft, often at arm's length or closer. So the gun/load combo can have much more recoil and blast than most people think is "adequately controlable". But you have to be able to get 4 hits per second onto the chest, at 10 ft, because that's what ANYONE can do with a .22lr autoloader, and anyone can have such a pistol. You can't afford to be slower in your ability to hit, again and again, than what you opponent can do.

Almost everyone's time and money is limited. Practicing at unrealistic ranges is a waste of both. Very few people are going to bother to learn 10 yd plus slowfire, then work their way up to really high speed stuff, at 10 ft. It's going to be one or the other. People are (rightfully) very scared of really close, really fast stuff, so they end up doing what amounts to plinking, at 5 yds plus, and kidding themselves at how 'ready" they are for a fight.

I remember the first time I drank while browsing tacticool sites.

3a7aha5u.jpg

[rofl] But I think it was the interwebs.

A little practice is better than no practice. A lot to be said for knowing your firearm.

As for gun fighting, I think unless you have been there or had some training simulation it is hard to know how to train.

And to that point, anyone know a good training group that provides gunfight prep training? Not just range time - simulated typical self defense scenarios.

A little practice is better than no practice. A lot to be said for knowing your firearm.

As for gun fighting, I think unless you have been there or had some training simulation it is hard to know how to train.

And to that point, anyone know a good training group that provides gunfight prep training? Not just range time - simulated typical self defense scenarios.

Down in CT is a simunitions place I think kings33 or something like that. Closet you're probably gonna get , I think some did a review over in the either range/training section.

Pha-eeeww...[grin] I'm relatively new here, but was reading the OP thinking "What the he!! is this guy doing on the outside?"...and if he's inside, who the hell authorized internet access?... I'm relieved you all can see it, too- [rolleyes]

Carry on-

If you shoot someone while they are on their period the menstruation is a force multiplier (but it is often counteracted by the PMS adrenalin surge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom