• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Block gen 5

It's the final production model. You can see it's the same in all the most recent photos and videos coming out. I can't not notice it now.

Last edited:
Are they going back to 2 pin design? Perhaps this was covered elsewhere but I missed it?

How is the p01? I've been looking into getting one myself. And I totally agree. A sub compact striker fire like the 43 from CZ would be great! I do like the 2075 Rami for a sub compact but single stack is far better for a comfortable summer carry

P01 is great, it shoots and fits the hand naturally. But I can't decide if I prefer the lump of metal feel of the CZ, vs the lightweight feel of polymer guns. The stock grip feels fat on the P01, I might try thinner grips.

P01 is great, it shoots and fits the hand naturally. But I can't decide if I prefer the lump of metal feel of the CZ, vs the lightweight feel of polymer guns. The stock grip feels fat on the P01, I might try thinner grips.

Glad to hear lol. I can't wait to get one. But a P07 is next on my list unless I find a 75 p01 bd. I like the metal feel (I love 1911s sooo...) I like polymer guns but there's just something about a nice smooth hunk of metal in my hand.

In other news, Rubbermaid will be introducing a new trash can design.

But, boy, oh boy.. I want to get my hands on that CZ. I have to check one out. What a great looking design and even better reviews. When guys that have been shooting for 30 or 40 years, say that it is the BEST pistol they have ever shot, it is probably worth taking a look.

It is showing up in distributers. MSRP gen3/gen4/gen5 of a basic g19/g17 is 599/649/699. I have not seen MAP on the gen 5 yet but would expect it to be above the 549 of the gen4.

Should start seeing them in stores this week

Gen 4 added back straps and an extra mag, right? What's the justification for the price increase on gen 5? $700 is getting pricey for a plastic gun with plastic sights.

Gen 4 added back straps and an extra mag, right? What's the justification for the price increase on gen 5? $700 is getting pricey for a plastic gun with plastic sights.
Glock should remember that it was primarily affordability that made them so popular with LE. For what it is nowadays, glocks are pretty bare bones guns.

Even without the replaceable back straps, Glock should refine the contour of the back strap to remove the pressure point right at the knuckle of your shooting hand.

Even without the replaceable back straps, Glock should refine the contour of the back strap to remove the pressure point right at the knuckle of your shooting hand.

Not exactly sure what you mean by this, although I do remember my old G29 used to kinda bang up my thumb joint pretty good, but I doubt a Gen4 would do it, I have a G30 Gen4 and don't really get tons of pain there from it.

The problem with changing the gun is invariably someone else would bitch about it.

-Mike

It's not going to be $700. The G34/35 might approach that, but still not go past it. Anyone who pays that or actually thinks its going to cost that, their elevator doesn't go to the top.

-Mike

We should take bets on how much the first one that shows up on WTS is going to be asking.
I honestly think $1200 - $1400.

I have a g19 gen 5 in my hands right now. Not loving the changes now that I am looking at it in person. Then again, I was never a huge Glock fanboi. The cutout in the front of the magwell bottom and larger base plate on the mag I really am not so sure about for a concealed carry gun. They might make sense on the 17, 34 and others, but the 19 I am not on board.

I have a g19 gen 5 in my hands right now. Not loving the changes now that I am looking at it in person. Then again, I was never a huge Glock fanboi. The cutout in the front of the magwell bottom and larger base plate on the mag I really am not so sure about for a concealed carry gun. They might make sense on the 17, 34 and others, but the 19 I am not on board.

What don't you like? The lack of finger grooves?

What don't you like? The lack of finger grooves?

I am ambivalent about the finger grooves or lack of them. I have big hands so anything that adds bulk to the grip I prefer. That puts me slightly in the finger groove camp.

I dont like the magazine change/mag well change on the 19.

I am ambivalent about the finger grooves or lack of them. I have big hands so anything that adds bulk to the grip I prefer. That puts me slightly in the finger groove camp.

I dont like the magazine change/mag well change on the 19.
Drop it in a holster and test it out. Does it print more? Does it make mag changes easier? The balance between those two is what each individual needs to decide.

Also, I hope this doesn't mean the end of the gen 3s. I really like them and I like that their parts swap easily with gen 2s. This may be a viewpoint unique to MA people who have some gen 2s.

Some eye candy. Gen 5 is clearly distinguishable from the various gen 4s.

d2dd727b60db7c2421cdda53248e8274.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hearing better ejection pattern with this one so as much as I want to go out today and try mine i'll have to wait till Tuesday. Feels good in hand but not sure if i'll keep it or keep my Gen 4 that I was able to get really cheap.

Going to switch the extractor from the 5 to the 4 also if I can, Glock said they are not the same but looks to me that it is.

Back
Top Bottom