• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Block gen 5

Here it is:

20986661_1917464348491858_404494784372146176_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYKOyrPFYFD/

I may buy one, hated the finger grooves.

Ill get a 19 I think...even though the whole premise of Gen 5 is a bunch of BS. Its minor changes to gun that's been around since the 80's for crying out loud. Still have a shxtty slide release and crappy plastic sights.

I'll wait for reviews on the new finish before I do.....resistance to finish wear was always the strong point of glocks.

If finish went south, ill get a gen 4. Finger grooves are OK with me. or I might just save money and buy a Canik TP9SF Elite.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what Point 1 and Point 5 are on that poster???? I assume the 5th is something about their rifling. Point 1 - deeper finger grooves, maybe????

I'll pass. Or wait for them to come out with a # that I would want. The 43 did it for me.

Can anyone tell me what Point 1 and Point 5 are on that poster???? I assume the 5th is something about their rifling. Point 1 - deeper finger grooves, maybe????

I'll pass. Or wait for them to come out with a # that I would want. The 43 did it for me.

Point One is the new finish.

3 and 5 = I'm interested

1.nDLC finish (diamond Like Carbon)
2. Marksman Barrel

Last edited:
I would buy one if it was in the $400 range, but they would never do that.
If they were available through normal channels I doubt they'd be too much more than that. Prices would be a little higher than MPs, maybe beretta range, and definitely cheap on the used market.

yeh .... another cost cutting measures ..thank god i bought all my glocks when i did , gen 3 with the teflon like coating

Maybe, maybe not. A common moron-whine about Glocks is polygonal rifling as a "downside". That's also just a rumor at this point, those guns are basically vaporware.

-Mike

still probably has polymer sights. I wonder if it will still throw brass in the face

Glock has to have THE worst marketing department.

Wait no grooves, then grooves, then no grooves. Is this like the whole skinny tie/fat tie thing?

I'll stick with my CZ P10C. Imo smokes Glock out of the water.. I've had a 19 and a 17 gen 2 and gen 4 respectively. They've never been that great..

New Glock same as the old Glock.

If they had included the front slide serrations of the "Gen 4.5", that would actually have been an improvement.
Ambi stuff = cool for southpaws I guess.
Finger grooves or non = meh
flared magwell = meh
marksman barrel =lol

Probably the worst thing Glock could do is make a big change to their design. It may not be the best gun but its the Honda Civic of pistols. Cheap, ridiculously reliable, and infinitely customizable.
If they want to sell more they should just leave them alone and cut the price by $100.

I really don't see any improvements that need to be made over the gen 4. Most of my Glocks are gen 3 and they are just about perfect to me.

I like the interchangeable back straps on the gen 4's, but all the gen 3 guns fit my hand nicely

still probably has polymer sights.

I don't mind that - save me money so I can pick my own sights.

Although realistically they could probably use steel sights and charge $10 more.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll stick with my CZ P10C. Imo smokes Glock out of the water.. I've had a 19 and a 17 gen 2 and gen 4 respectively. They've never been that great..

Except in MA, 10 rounds vs 15, and the grip is longer, not ideal for carry.

It is barely longer... With a proper holster, cant it forward and no more issue. And the difference in mag capacity is not my concern, 3 well placed shots beats any amount scattered. I noticed much less muzzle rise in my p10 than in a g19. It makes a huge difference when staying on target.. again all my own opinion and experience.

Last edited:

That good you think "Smokes Glock out of the water"? Not going to lie I really like the P10c and not had 1 failure yet.
I shot mine back to back with my 19 and feel it's better but not a ton, maybe because I have shoot the 19 for years. Time will tell
Have you changed the Striker spring yet with the Glock 5lb to drop weight of pull about 1/2 + lb

Also Grip is barely longer so that wouldn't change my opinions on not able to carry.

Only gripe I have is that I wish the trigger face was flat or atleast a little wider.

Attachments

• IMG_7502.jpg
    IMG_7502.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7504.jpg
    IMG_7504.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
That good you think "Smokes Glock out of the water"? Not going to lie I really like the P10c and not had 1 failure yet.
I shot mine back to back with my 19 and feel it's better but not a ton, maybe because I have shoot the 19 for years. Time will tell
Have you changed the Striker spring yet with the Glock 5lb to drop weight of pull about 1/2 + lb

Also Grip is barely longer so that wouldn't change my opinions on not able to carry.

Only gripe I have is that I wish the trigger face was flat or atleast a little wider.

I personally do. I prefer my CZ far more than the Glocks I have owned. I do like certain Glocks. Don't get me wrong. They're both great guns. And no I have not yet, I will be at some point. My only gripe is the sights, on both of them, are not very good.

It is barely longer... With a proper holster, cant it forward and no more issue. And the difference in mag capacity is not my concern, 3 well placed shots beats any amount scattered. I noticed much less muzzle rise in my p10 than in a g19. It makes a huge difference when staying on target.. again all my own opinion and experience.

I've started trial carrying of a CZ P01, but if i get comfortable carrying a striker fired I might look at the P10c. But I hope CZ's next product is a G43 knockoff.

I've started trial carrying of a CZ P01, but if i get comfortable carrying a striker fired I might look at the P10c. But I hope CZ's next product is a G43 knockoff.

How is the p01? I've been looking into getting one myself. And I totally agree. A sub compact striker fire like the 43 from CZ would be great! I do like the 2075 Rami for a sub compact but single stack is far better for a comfortable summer carry

Back
Top Bottom