blazer 9mm

It's my understanding that the Blazer .22 is made by CCI and is basically as good as minimags... just not copperwashed. So, I guess CCI probably makes the center fire too? (btw, never shot the .22 stuff but Dicks has it for $20 a brick and I might get one.)

Swung by Dick's in Nashua as I had other business up there. The guy took a look, but all they had left was Winchester in 9mm (Something like $15 and change/box). Didn't get a chance to ask when they restock.

I've had trouble with extraction when shooting cci aluminum from a S&w 627 AND HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME TRYING TO PRY THE EMPTIES OUT OF THE CYLINDER TO BUY THEM AGAIN. CCI MAXI-MAGS ON THE OTHER HAND ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT PROPERLY EXTRACT FROM MY MARLIN BOLT ACTION. gOOD LUCK AND I'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM REVOLVER SHOOTERS REGARDING WHAT I SEE AS THOSE EXPANDING ALUMINUM CASES.

It's my understanding that the Blazer .22 is made by CCI and is basically as good as minimags... just not copperwashed. So, I guess CCI probably makes the center fire too? (btw, never shot the .22 stuff but Dicks has it for $20 a brick and I might get one.)

Blazer .22 is my favorite bargain ammo. I've found it to be almost as reliable and almost as accurate as minimags. I found a deal on it on slickguns.com for $149/5000 shipped and bought 15,000 rounds. At that price, its cheaper than federal value pack at walmart.

Don

hey, come to think of it. Since I'm moving to MA soon, is that going to put me into some strange category, where I have to get an armory license or something like that. Ha.

I've had trouble with extraction when shooting cci aluminum from a S&w 627 AND HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME TRYING TO PRY THE EMPTIES OUT OF THE CYLINDER TO BUY THEM AGAIN. CCI MAXI-MAGS ON THE OTHER HAND ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT PROPERLY EXTRACT FROM MY MARLIN BOLT ACTION. gOOD LUCK AND I'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM REVOLVER SHOOTERS REGARDING WHAT I SEE AS THOSE EXPANDING ALUMINUM CASES.

I've shot some blazer .45 through my convertible Vaquero without problems.
Are you using moon clips? If not, thats your solution if the cylinder is cut for them.

Fixah - do you reload?

Do you pickup brass at the range?

If you do collect range brass, you wouldn't ever bother with what you just suggested. I can collect hundreds of rounds over and above what I shot when I go to my local Thursday evening combat shoot. The rounds in bulk get dumped into a tumbler for cleaning, then sorted, then inspected quickly. I'm not going to spend the time looking at every primer. Its just not worth it and would take up much more time than just stopping and replacing the shell at the primer station. I keep a few resized and deprimed cases on hand for just this occurrence so I don't accumulate primers in the overflow. (I've got 650s and they do a terrible job of dealing with extra primers)

I just throw the blazer and the federals away.

Of course if you are one of those people who will only reload their own brass, or generally reload pistol the way that I reload rifle (much closer inspection, much higher QC) then it might be worth it.

But reloading pistol for me is largely done in as large a batches as I can handle with minimal QC. Its mostly QA, as in the process is constantly being inspected, but each individual component is not.
I mostly check powder charge every hundred rounds or so when I fill the primer system. If I'm reloading lead, I'll clean the seating die then too. I pull a .45 cal bore snake through the seating die and it makes it pristine in about 30 seconds total.

Years ago I toyed with the idea of going over to all small primer .45. It would be great if the entire world did that. But there is just so much free range brass just waiting to be picked up that I could never give that up. I literally have a lifetime of pistol brass, all accumulated in about 5 years

I can see amassing a bunch of small primer brass and then loading it up as a special run for throwaway brass. I'd have to have at least 500-1000 pieces of it to make it worthwhile, though.

Back
Top Bottom