• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

blazer 9mm

Dick's Sporting Goods? All of them, or just one in particular? Is this FMJ or HP? Thanks.

I believe some may have an aluminum casing that may not be suitable for reloading. Otherwise, I've used it before without problems.

I believe some may have an aluminum casing that may not be suitable for reloading. Otherwise, I've used it it before without problems.

Yes, it is aluminum case and forget about reloading it.
However, if you don't reload, it's a moot point.
That's a decent price so grab a bunch and blast away.

Thanks guys i figured it was ok i remember reading good things about it here. I dont reload so thats not an issue. Ill let you know if there is any left...after im done shopping :)

How bad is this ammo??? Dicks has it for 9.99 for 50. Worth it just shooting at the range?

I use blazer for .22LR. great for plinking, and its not much worse than good ammo.

dont buy one, buy 3. And PM me the dicks please. <----that doesnt sound right.

The Blazer is fine, and that price is great. Dick's generally has good prices on ammo when it's on sale. I recommend getting a ScoreCard. You get a $10 coupon for every $100 you spend, bonus points, coupons, etc. When their ammo is on sale(check the weekly flyer online), their prices on Remington UMC beat just about anyplace else, and if you have a discount coupon and bonus points, it really adds up. Last time I was there, I bought sneakers and ammo, and used a $10 coupon and 100 bonus point card(for a $10 coupon.) They sent me another $10 coupon, a 200 point bonus card(for a $20 coupon), and a coupon for $10 off more sneakers! And they told me that if you fill out the online survey, which you can do every time you buy something, they will send you ... another $10 coupon.

I buy them regularly from Dick's sport, and I have shot at least few hundreds rounds of them, never a single issue.

If you buy 10 boxes, they will discount it from $10.99 to $9.99 each box on a regular day, but you may want to call ahead, because they sold out "Very" fast.

Is it me or is all 9 mm ammo getting hard to find at dicks and wm? Plenty of 45 and 40. Glad I started reloading and have thousands of pre primed cases waiting.

Just to clarify. There's blazer and there's blazer brass.

Blazer is aluminum cased. Works flawlessly. The only blazer I'd advise against is Blazer brass in .45 if you plan to reload it.

You don't want the brass from their .45 because it uses small primers. It will stop you dead in your tracks while reloading; forcing you to clear the case from your machine.

Blazer is aluminum cased. Works flawlessly. The only blazer I'd advise against is Blazer brass in .45 if you plan to reload it.

You don't want the brass from their .45 because it uses small primers. It will stop you dead in your tracks while reloading; forcing you to clear the case from your machine.

Or save it and load it all later when you have small primer setup already in the press for 9mm.

Federal NT 45 is the same uses small primers and they are a pia to reprime at least in my experience I ended throwing most of them out

I might give them a try if I save up enough coupons, points, etc., but I've been shooting mostly the 100 round packs of 9mm Federal from Wal-Mart (Raynham) at $19.99, and saving the cases as I do plan to get into reloading at some point in the future and it has been 100% through approx. 3,500 rounds.

I buy them regularly from Dick's sport...
If you buy 10 boxes, they will discount it from $10.99 to $9.99 each box on a regular day, but you may want to call ahead, because they sold out "Very" fast.

Has anyone else done this? My online source for 20 cent/round 9mm dried up, so I've been stocking up on the $19.99/100 fed at Wally world when I can find it, but would just assume buy blazer by the case at dicks if I can get it at this price. Guess I should just call my local dicks and ask. They don't seem like the type of store to offer discounts for purchasing by the case, but that would be cool.

Nothing wrong with it at all, as long as you know you can't reload aluminum cases. I've shot lots of this stuff (including 250+ rounds in various calibers this past weekend) and it always works great.

Federal is doing this crap now, too, on some of their product lines. I think American Eagle is still large primer, but the stuff in the maroon box is definitely small primer.

-Mike

Yup, just came back from the Dedham store. You buy 10 boxes and they discount from $10.99 to $9.98 (that extra cent makes a difference). Don't reload, so this was a good price. Oh, don't go to the Dedham store though...they are sold out now of 9mm Blazers [smile].

You might have to remind the guy there because the sticker price says full amount still, but there was a poster thing on the counter that stated the discount for "by the case" deal.

Oh and Bobcat, thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Yup, just came back from the Dedham store. You buy 10 boxes and they discount from $10.99 to $9.98 (that extra cent makes a difference). Don't reload, so this was a good price. Oh, don't go to the Dedham store though...they are sold out now of 9mm Blazers [smile].

You might have to remind the guy there because the sticker price says full amount still, but there was a poster thing on the counter that stated the discount for "by the case" deal.

Oh and Bobcat, thanks for the heads up.
Any left?

Like others have said. I would go with the Federal fmj brass case for 19.97 a 100 at Wal-Mart. Even if you don't reload give the brass to someone who does.

Back
Top Bottom