Bitten by the 1911 BUG!!!

I've never had a failure of any kind with my SW1911...using the mags that came with it and a couple of Colt mags I have. I use Hydroshok ammo in mine as well as any ball stuff I can buy cheap.

I think I might try opening up the feed lips on the mag....an infinitesimal amount...and see what happens.

How do you like the grip angle on the 1911? The angle of the Glock just plain feels weird to me.

I've never had a failure of any kind with my SW1911...using the mags that came with it and a couple of Colt mags I have. I use Hydroshok ammo in mine as well as any ball stuff I can buy cheap.

I think I might try opening up the feed lips on the mag....an infinitesimal amount...and see what happens.

How do you like the grip angle on the 1911? The angle of the Glock just plain feels weird to me.

I started shooting with the glock, so for me it's fine. The grip angle of the 1911 does point a lot more naturally though. i can spend less time lining the sights up, because usually they are all lined up already, where as with the glock i have to take that extra second to line up the sight.

Congrats Fsorrent, yes indeed welcome to the delights of John Moses Browning's masterpiece. It was the first handgun I bought when I turned 21 and that is the one, if I had to get rid of all others, I would keep. I've bought and sold a handful of makes and models since then, and now I've narrowed it down to: the Colt original series '70 (my first love), and the Para P12 Limited. I'm not much into modifying what is arguably the best auto-pistol design ever, but I have gotten a little silly with collecting grips over the years, which there is a staggering assortment of. Check out these genuine Diamondback Rattlesnake grips I bought a while back...[smile]

pics011.jpg

Like those grips! Did you catch the snake yourself??[grin]

[QUOTEI agree totally, I shoot and carry a Combat Commander in 9MM and love it.[/QUOTE]

this is what I am looking for as we speak for my GF:

"CCO" or "PDA" or similar model in LDA for her to shoot. No Warthogs whatsover unless it's the single stack variant!

Maybe I'll post this in the WTB section

It seemed whatever problem I thought may have existed has disappeared. I haven't had a feed problem since I bought some Wilson 47D mag's. I also tried opening the feed lip a bit on the CMC mag's which apparently increased their reliability 1 feed issue w/ last round. All that coupled with drenching the gun in oil [wink] I guess I also hadn't lubed it enough since I'm used to lubing it like a Glock. Ran 200rounds without a hicup...woohoo!!!

It seemed whatever problem I thought may have existed has disappeared. I haven't had a feed problem since I bought some Wilson 47D mag's. I also tried opening the feed lip a bit on the CMC mag's which apparently increased their reliability 1 feed issue w/ last round. All that coupled with drenching the gun in oil [wink] I guess I also hadn't lubed it enough since I'm used to lubing it like a Glock. Ran 200rounds without a hicup...woohoo!!!

wow, I just broke the 600 rounds with mine. I only Lube it to factory specs...

one drop in front and rear of the rail on each side of the slide (four drops total) using a Q-tip...

how are those wilson mags? i've been thinking of getting those chip mccormick 10 rounders... i see them online but not at the stores....

wow, I just broke the 600 rounds with mine. I only Lube it to factory specs...

one drop in front and rear of the rail on each side of the slide (four drops total) using a Q-tip...

how are those wilson mags? i've been thinking of getting those chip mccormick 10 rounders... i see them online but not at the stores....

The wilson's so far have been better performer's than the CMC's out of the box. They haven't jammed or failed to feed yet, while the CMC were a bit problematic at first, but that seems to be fixed so far. I was exaggerating regarding the oil, but I definately made sure to properly coat all parts with a coat of oil. I hadn't done that before. I used Mobil 1 lube if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom