BILL KILLED 3/5/20 NH-SB469 "An Act relative to shooting ranges" (2020 Sen. Jeanne Dietsch range protection repeal bill)

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
can ma**h***s come? I don't want you faggots bitch about ma**h***s invading NH.
They havent set up enhanced screening at the border yet so......you and your shovel ak are welcome.....at least by our team :)

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have read the text several times and have an annoted copy on my desk. Yes, an analysis of how exactly it violates legal principles accepted in NH does wonders in persuading even Dem assembly critters that the bill is inexpedient to legislate. Also looks good in the press.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm still in Missouri and won't be back until late Friday night. I did write a letter to the committee for all the good it will do. I've been getting alerts through the NHFC thanks to Design.

I'll be thinking about you guys and gals and hope whatever you say will get through the echo chamber of the donk mindset.

Reactions: jpk

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck, stay safe, and stay warm, guys!

@Boris Crutches?! Good luck. Those things suckkk. I have child sized crutches that the hospital gave me after they surgically repaired my hamstring a couple years ago. I used them again recently when I broke my foot running. Crutches will mess your body up.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Parking info as per below.....School St garage is ALWAYS a trainwreck.....I dont even

Map of Concord

Parking info as per below.....School St garage is ALWAYS a trainwreck.....I dont even try anymore.....
Parking anywhere in downtown Concord is always a trainwreck...the city is run by Democrats (need I say more?). I hate going into downtown Concord and only go if absolutely necessary.

Twigg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
can ma**h***s come? I don't want you faggots bitch about ma**h***s invading NH.
I believe you'd be welcomed. A long time ago a member here did enough research to conclude the MA residents moving to NH were conservatives. The purpling of NH was found to be due to the anti-hunting, anti-gun agenda being taught through our school system. Which is why I used to remind people to de-program their kids by staying involved and asking what the teachers were discussing in class. If anyone isn't asking questions, you're not involved enough.

Last edited:

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Boris, you're more than welcome as far as I'm concerned. I wish I was going to be there and finally get to meet you.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Good luck, stay safe, and stay warm, guys!

@Boris Crutches?! Good luck. Those things suckkk. I have child sized crutches that the hospital gave me after they surgically repaired my hamstring a couple years ago. I used them again recently when I broke my foot running. Crutches will mess your body up.
pirate leg actually works pretty well but pain to take off/on often and you can't sit with it. The leg comes without pink pants.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parking is indeed a nightmare, and there's not much consideration for one-legged folks.

@Boris, if you find an off-site parking spot along Loudon Road or somewhere near, I'd be honored to pick you up. I have that cherished Storrs Street legislative parking pass. I'll be arriving in Concord about 9. PM me here with your phone number, and we'll hook up.

JenkkiMike

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anti-hunting, anti-gun agenda
About a month or so ago I parked at my local hiking spot's trail-head in my NY plated rental car and there was a guy in camo holding a muzzle loader that was about to head off into the woods. I signaled him to talk for a second and I could see him sigh and brace himself for what was surely going to be an anti-hunting, anti-gun rant. He was pleasantly surprised when I merely inquired about where he hunts and what precautions I should take while hiking there with my son and dog so we can all enjoy the woods without any issues. He made a big, positive impression on my son who keeps mentioning "the hunter" whenever we go hiking or hear distant gun shots.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ended up with a massive system failure at work, no way for me to wiggle out. I'm sorry guys.

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, the progressive Sen. Dietsch pulled a switcheroo on everyone overnight. There were about 150 people massed outside the hearing room to find copies of an AMENDED version of the bill. The amendment deleted the entire bill including the name, and substituted "AN ACT establishing a commission to study shooting range best practices." It details the composition of a commission which will study "safety, noise-reduction, environmental stewardship, and community relations." The commission is required to file a report by September 30, 2020.

This change made my testimony regarding the original bill, and that of everyone else, moot for today. There is nothing in the process that prevents re-introducing the original bill as an amendment or a newly numbered bill at any point, so keep a sharp eye for any changes.

What I think she's doing is a tactic to wear us down by creating a number of false alarms which will push people to come to Concord for a day, until free time and energy run scarce so that they won't have enormous crowds of citizens opposed to the bill in the room.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the progressive Sen. Dietsch pulled a switcheroo on everyone overnight. There were about 150 people massed outside the hearing room to find copies of an AMENDED version of the bill. The amendment deleted the entire bill including the name, and substituted "AN ACT establishing a commission to study shooting range best practices." It details the composition of a commission which will study "safety, noise-reduction, environmental stewardship, and community relations." The commission is required to file a report by September 30, 2020.

This change made my testimony regarding the original bill, and that of everyone else, moot for today. There is nothing in the process that prevents re-introducing the original bill as an amendment or a newly numbered bill at any point, so keep a sharp eye for any changes.

What I think she's doing is a tactic to wear us down by creating a number of false alarms which will push people to come to Concord for a day, until free time and energy run scarce so that they won't have enormous crowds of citizens opposed to the bill in the room.
That isn't some sort of rules violation?

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That isn't some sort of rules violation?
No its not but it is becoming the norm with the dems.

They come up with ill conceived abominations that are repulsive to the constitution and their oath to it and submit as LSR.s

A small fraction of the most offensive LSR:s fail to make it to be a bill or are withdrawn by sponsor.

This one like many others seeks to regulate things they know nothing about and with the stroke of a pen criminalize law abiding/peaceful citizens

The original bill was nothing short of a naked attack on RKBA AND Archery (believe it or not) under the justification of "Noize"

At no point did it attempt to quantify/measure/set standards etc.....it simply declared that gunz are bad as well as the noise associated with them.

A SANE bill would have included standards of measurement for volume at property line/certain distances etc.....this made no attempt whatsoever......

Apparently the sponsor caught so much flack that she started back tracking and this am offered an unannounced ammendment that turned the bill largely into a "study" that appointed a "commission" to be appointed by partisan hack leadership of the house and senate.......to "Study" the issue and come up with "recommendations for legislation"

She then launched into "I just want best practices" without even doing a simple search to see that everyone from NSSF to EPA to NRA has already established best practices...........this bill has been a total fail at every step so far

The amendment mentioned above was somewhat ambiguously written.....it can be read as being an amendment to the bill repealing range protections in 159-B.....OR as written it could be construed as REPLACING the bill as introduced......its clear as mud.....I read it as repealing range protection and IN ADDITION creating the study committee......

The only acceptable course IMHO is to demand the sponsor retract the bill in all forms

The chair of the committee was asked to move the hearing to reps hall which was open but she refused and easily 2/3ds of the people that showed were denied the opportunity to hear/speak what transpired

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Kudos to Sen's French and Carson for their support in opposing this bill/asking great questions/raising serious concerns about the bill

Sen Carson was very effective and raised great issues.

Its great to have her support after she sponsored HB696 Red Flag bill last year.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How does that expression go again......its "Hanlons Razor"

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Kudos to Sen's French and Carson for their support in opposing this bill/asking great questions/raising serious concerns about the bill

Sen Carson was very effective and raised great issues.

Its great to have her support after she sponsored HB696 Red Flag bill last year.
French is my senator and a good man. I'll be sure to email him personally and thank him.

Reactions: jpk

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
A long time ago a member here did enough research to conclude the MA residents moving to NH were conservatives. The purpling of NH was found to be due to the anti-hunting, anti-gun agenda being taught through our school system. Which is why I used to remind people to de-program their kids by staying involved and asking what the teachers were discussing in class. If anyone isn't asking questions, you're not involved enough.
hallelujahthankyoujesus.gif

Top Bottom