Best way to add picatinny rail section to top of non-drilled & tapped Remington 870

StevieP

NES Member
So it's bonus day next week. Wife says no more guns. She didn't say anything about accessories.

Looking at getting an Aimpoint PRO to put on my AR (swap between scope and red dot), and would also like to put it on my shotgun.

I've got a regular 870 Express Magnum combo. 2 3/4 & 3" chamber. I have a 26" VR barrel, 20" rifled slug (deer) barrel, and an 18" home defense barrel. Hopefully the Aimpoint can be used with all three for turkey, deer, and two-legged attackers respectively.

What's the best way to do this? Mesa Tactical makes some saddle rails, but I've got to believe there's as good or better solution available for less than $85.

Remington makes a scope mount, but it looks like you'd still have to add picatinny rails to the top?

http://www.remington.com/en/product...pe-mounts-and-rails/shotgun-scope-mounts.aspx

Anyone ever drilled & tapped your receiver? Hmmm. maybe I need to buy a drillpress...

Other suggestions appreciated.

Not sure if he's still in business. A guy named Mike Orlens, I think he's in Amherst,Ma., did a drill/tap job on my 870. Came out perfect.

I put the Mesa tactical one on my 1187 police and I was not impressed with it. I had the one with the shell holder built in and the shell retention kinda sucked.

Back
Top Bottom