• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

best time to go striper fishing

Whenever the weather is too shitty for the boats to be out on Joppa.... around memorial day.

There are always holdovers, guys have been been catching them all winter, schoolies, but bass just the same. Bigger fish, close to shore are usually seen as early as April and May. If you want big fish, go at night when they actively feed. The canal can be great fishing but you really need to know what you're doing there to be successful. You can catch stripers from May - November, you just need to find them. Throw live eels and live mack's and they'll find you!

End of the season is when I catch my biggest bass. Always in the Canal fishing chunk bait or live bait. Dont be afraid of fishing during the day. Morning and night are always productive

Like booze monkey said late fall for the monsters. But they are catchable year round. The Thames river by Mohegan Sun has quite a few wintering schoolies.

Early morning get to the canal before sunrise. Early may is generally when I start. Gotta find a decent spot where the bottom isn't to harsh. Be prepared to lose oodles of lures till you figure out a spot or two

Back
Top Bottom