Best Source for DC vs. Heller Updates and links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not paranoia when everybody really IS out to get you.

[hmmm]

I am paranoid because of the two stupid decisions they have put out this week on constitutional rights for detainees and no death penalty in child rape. That doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about this one going 5-4 in the other direction.

I am paranoid because of the two stupid decisions they have put out this week on constitutional rights for detainees and no death penalty in child rape. That doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about this one going 5-4 in the other direction.

I'm afraid I have no words of comfort for you. I rather expect this to go against us.

Well... as much as I hate to admit it... and am sure i will be flamed to death for it....

Their decision on the detainees was the correct one according to both the US constitution and Geniva....

Yes... not an popular opinion... but stooping to the level of 3rd world countries and terroists is not what we are about. In fact... the entire "Patriot Act" violates our constitution.

I didn't read the death penalty one but would likely dissagree with it... which is why if anything like that ever happend to one of my children... i would be checking these boards from a state prison.

Ok... flame away

Two decisions that lean toward protecting rights as opposed to eliminating them and you're worried about Heller?

Well... as much as I hate to admit it... and am sure i will be flamed to death for it....

Their decision on the detainees was the correct one according to both the US constitution and Geniva....

Yes... not an popular opinion... but stooping to the level of 3rd world countries and terroists is not what we are about. In fact... the entire "Patriot Act" violates our constitution.

I didn't read the death penalty one but would likely dissagree with it... which is why if anything like that ever happend to one of my children... i would be checking these boards from a state prison.

Ok... flame away

<flamelet degree=low>

Regardless of their legal definition, the detainees are "really" prisoners of war taken in a declared war (ed. ok, military action) against a forign country and do not / should not have the protection of the US Consitution. Geneva, perhaps. Is Iraq a signatory? (whether we SHOULD be in that war is separate matter)

</flamelet>

hmmmm. We need a campfire.

HumanPets067.jpg

Last edited:
5-4 decision

If anyone needed evidence that the "liberals" are not about rights, today's the day. The "liberals" on this Court voted against:

1) strengthening the 1st Amendment free speech provisions for political speech (with the majority shooting down a 2002 Republican-driven law at that)

2) affirming the right of free association and government non-interference in contract

3) strengthening the 2nd Amendment as an individual right

5-4 decision

If anyone needed evidence that the "liberals" are not about rights, today's the day. The "liberals" on this Court voted against:

1) strengthening the 1st Amendment free speech provisions for political speech (with the majority shooting down a 2002 Republican-driven law at that)

2) affirming the right of free association and government non-interference in contract

3) strengthening the 2nd Amendment as an individual right

+1000

well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom