Best Recoil Pad For A 7MM Rem Mag?

I just got a Winchester mod 70 in 7MM Rem Mag and it needs a recoil pad big time. I took this beast to the range and fired 9 rounds though it and my shoulder is sore as hell. The rifle has this HARD rubber pad that just sucks and does nothing to absorb recoil. I have seen several pads out there and just wondered if anyone had any suggestions? You can see me shoot this bad boy on my youtube link.

Last edited:
7mm is never any fun to shoot. Put on a few more layers and pull that baby in. When you get punch drunk put it away for a week and try it again. It took me 3 range visits to sight mine in.

its about 8lbs, It would be a stand and range rifle.

Well seeing as it is not a stillhunting gun you could add some weight in addition to a recoil pad. It would help counteract the recoil. My buddy has a Parker in 7mm Mag and it must be heavier because it is not tough to shoot at all. I will ask him to give me a weight on that gun for comparison.

I just got a Winchester mod 70 in 7MM Rem Mag and it needs a recoil pad big time. I took this beast to the range and fired 9 rounds though it and my shoulder is sore as hell. The rifle has this HARD rubber pad that just sucks and does nothing to absorb recoil. I have seen several pads out there and just wondered if anyone had any suggestions? You can see me shoot this bad boy on my youtube link.

How about a Past shoulder recoil pad? I have one and have fired 40 180gr Rem rounds
in my .30-06 without any problem. I have fired up to 80-100 147gr reloads without any
problems either. Without it I'm good for a half dozen at best.

http://www.pastshooting.com/

Back
Top Bottom