• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Ma out of the box sub compact 9mm trigger

Can fellow members suggest a subcompact 9mm in Ma that doesn't need a trigger job. I really have an issue with spending more money to make an Ma trigger feel like a free state trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sr9c....I don't know about MA compliance, but the best trigger I've shot out of the box....aside from a buddy's Sig 1911, man was that thing sweet!!

Ma requires a 10lb trigger

MA does NOT require a 10lb trigger pull. That's merely the easy way out

940 CMR 16.00 said:
Sale of Handguns Without Childproofing

[deleted for brevity]

(2) It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raising trigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun.

Walther P99c with the AS trigger is right up there. Single-action trigger pull is 5lbs. with a .3" pull and .1" reset.

Single-action trigger mode is available on the first shot after the slide is racked, and can be de-cocked with a button on the top of the slide.

Double-action pull is .5" and 10lbs. which is great for a carry gun without a trigger safety.

Edit: questionable whether this gun qualifies as sub-compact. It's not a pocket gun like the PM9, but rather is comparable to the Glock sub-compact models.

Last edited:
It's worth it to have a trigger job done on an M&P. And not that expensive.

This. I can understand you not wanting to spend the extra cash just out of principal. Get a Shield with an APEX or a NES smith trigger job. (BEC/DERR etc.) after one range trip you'll soon forget the added expense. If not, you'll have no problem selling it.

Is the p99c available in ma? Will check out the Kahr? Is the Kahr reliable?

My PM9 has been very reliable, and they have a reputation for being reliable and well built. What really surprised me was how accurate it is for such a small gun. Recoils is not bad at all and you can shoot +p rounds through it if so inclined.

I really wanted something very concealable but I wanted a larger caliber than 380. I am constantly surprised at how good a shooter the PM9 is. It was a little on the pricey side, but worth it

Yes, the P99c AS is available in MA, but they're very hard to find right now due to the change in how they're imported to the US. S&W was the principal importer until recently, when Walther opened a new US branch in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Most gun shops haven't seen significant stock of Walthers in several months.

Lots of folks here have positive reports on the PM9, and it does have a sweet trigger. FWIW, my father-in-law's PM40 is an unreliable piece of garbage, but I think his experience is an exception.

I'm a PM9 fan.

I also love my PM9. Very pleased that after spending over 700 bucks I didnt have to have a trigger job done as well. It's like a double action revolver trigger, long and smooth with a long reset as well.

Can fellow members suggest a subcompact 9mm in Ma that doesn't need a trigger job. I really have an issue with spending more money to make an Ma trigger feel like a free state trigger.

The Ruger SR9c and the P99c/SW99c all are OK but these are not true subcompacts. You're pretty much SOL. Not getting a trigger job on an M&P/Shield or something like that is just stupid. Even the free state M&P trigger sucks, so you'd still be getting one anyways.

You could also go for a commander 1911 or an officer's mod, there is no MA trigger BS with 1911s.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom