Best Defense TV show

One of the shooting podcasts I listen to cast that they're teaming up with some unarmed folks to make a TV show (Outdoor Channel) early next year focusing on real self defense (SD) in the real world, including knives, guns, hands and feet and the primary SD tools - awareness and avoidance. It looks promising.

Here's a little promo-
http://www.downrange.tv/bestdefense/

The gun stuff, if it follows true to form per the podcast, is good, solid, basic instruction for real world critical incidents.

I'm a little stoked to see this come off on the small screen.

everyone knows that the best way to intimidate a threat is to pull the gun, rack the slide multiple times and then turn the gun and sites horizontally. This the the "I mean business" method...

Or at least that is what I learned from the movies..

But seriously. It would be great if a show like this actually made it to a channel that many people watch and was taken seriously by the presenters..

except for the fact that she did not take the safety off or chamber a round, it was ok.

Personally, I always carry a round in the chamber and no safety on. Just me, though. To each their own.

And like I said, that was just a teaser promo. I'm looking forward to seeing how true to the podcast the show is. because the podcast is top notch, IMO.

everyone knows that the best way to intimidate a threat is to pull the gun,

Don't forget your orange vest and facial expressions:
gangsta9.JPG

I watched it last week I think, and speaking from a novices standpoint, it was very interesting and informative at least on the basics. I actually took one of the tips and put old cell phones in my bedroom and my kids bedrooms for calling 911 if the phone lines are cut. I recorded it on DVR for the family to watch. It makes you think about having something in every room that could be used to protect yourself. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Glad to hear that some of you are tuning in. Please keep the feedback coming. We are meeting at SHOT to discuss the specific episode topics for Season 2.

-RJP

I really want to see this show, but I don't watch TV often. I usually watch all the shows that I follow on the internet at a time of my choosing. Is this show available on the net anywhere?

Glad to hear that some of you are tuning in. Please keep the feedback coming. We are meeting at SHOT to discuss the specific episode topics for Season 2.

-RJP

Excuse me, Rob, are you the guy that does the Combat Focus podcast? If so, great program. I haven't been able to catch the show yet (even though I was the OP - my bad!) due to my travel schedule but am setting it up for DVR.

Yes, LD, I am.... Thanks for the thoughts. They might be the most hack-jobbed podcasts on the 'net as far as production quality, but I hope the content makes it worth suffering the usual spotty recordings!

Sorry you missed the show, but glad that you're setting up to catch the future ones.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time on the part of Outdoor Channel to offer the show online or on DVD.... we are hoping that will change.

-RJP

Yes, LD, I am.... Thanks for the thoughts. They might be the most hack-jobbed podcasts on the 'net as far as production quality, but I hope the content makes it worth suffering the usual spotty recordings!

Sorry you missed the show, but glad that you're setting up to catch the future ones.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time on the part of Outdoor Channel to offer the show online or on DVD.... we are hoping that will change.

-RJP
Excellent! Thanks for the response. I look forward to the show and maybe can catch the first couple episodes on reruns if they run them again. My DVR is set to record now.

Back
Top Bottom