Best Concealed Carry Gun

I'm also struggling on how to CCW..... Nothing feels comfortable to me and I don't want to hip carry wearing and XXL shirt to cover it up.

Get a custom made inside the waist LEATHER holster for a slim, compact semi auto (Walther PPS, S&W 3913, Kahr K9, etc) or for a lightweight small or medium frame revolver (S&W Airweights, S&W 315 Nightguard) and a proper, leather gun belt 1 1/2" wide.

You will be able to conceal in complete comfort and without resorting to oversized shirts. Your pants do need to be one size larger than normal to comfortably accomodate a pistol IWB.

Stay away from kydex (plastic) holsters and from any holster that rides on the belt outside the pants.

Believe it or not, that is a S&W .44 Magnum revolver on me:
DSC00369.jpg

Get a custom made inside the waist LEATHER holster for a slim, compact semi auto (Walther PPS, S&W 3913, Kahr K9, etc) or for a lightweight small or medium frame revolver (S&W Airweights, S&W 315 Nightguard) and a proper, leather gun belt 1 1/2" wide.

You will be able to conceal in complete comfort and without resorting to oversized shirts. Your pants do need to be one size larger than normal to comfortably accomodate a pistol IWB.

Stay away from kydex (plastic) holsters and from any holster that rides on the belt outside the pants.

DSC00369.jpg

Thanks - I'm in the process of finding a new conceal gun and will try out some different IWB along with pocket holsters. Nice to see some pics, thanks again.

So Stopher, whatever happened?

Wow- I haven't checked this post in a bit. I decided, for the time being, to keep my .357 as my carry gun and invested in a Wilderness belt- makes quite a difference. I plan on getting an inside the waist holster as soon as I lose a few pounds and can fit the gun inside my waistband without cutting off circulation!

I should say that everyone's posts were very helpful- makes it much easier to make informed decisions when it comes time to actually buy....

New Question -

Does anyone carry their gun concealed inside a breast pocket of their jacket? I have 3 jackets for the winter that have inside pockets which are secure located around the breast area. Seems like a good spot but the only thing is, its near your chest. Does it matter?

DSC00369.jpg

Assuming a tucked in shirt, the straps would be a dead giveaway IMO.

Assuming a tucked in shirt, the straps would be a dead giveaway IMO.
Which is why I never, ever wear a tucked in shirt unless I am wearing a sport coat, vest, or sweater over it to cover the gun.

Even though I have tuckable holsters (CTACs from Comp-Tac) I don't want to give the observant something to see.

Wow- I haven't checked this post in a bit. I decided, for the time being, to keep my .357 as my carry gun and invested in a Wilderness belt- makes quite a difference. I plan on getting an inside the waist holster as soon as I lose a few pounds and can fit the gun inside my waistband without cutting off circulation!

I should say that everyone's posts were very helpful- makes it much easier to make informed decisions when it comes time to actually buy....
Definitely call Ray Cory at Lobo Gunleather and have him make you a holster for your S&W. I have two of his and they are bar none the best revolver IWB holsters around. Supremely comfortable and extremely concealable.

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

They are also one of the thinnest holsters I have ever seen yet they remain open for easy holstering.

Which is why I never, ever wear a tucked in shirt unless I am wearing a sport coat, vest, or sweater over it to cover the gun.

Even though I have tuckable holsters (CTACs from Comp-Tac) I don't want to give the observant something to see.

Unfortunately, some of us have to wear a tucked shirt on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, some of us have to wear a tucked shirt on a regular basis.

Get some velcro clips. Pocket carry. Wear a jacket/sport coat.

I wear a uniform where I work. I change in the company locker room. I wear extremely casual clothing to and from work.

Anyone carry an P239 IWB ? wondering what CC holster would be best.. instead of buying 5 kinds and trying em all out which would be the best way... but more expensive..[thinking]

Definitely call Ray Cory at Lobo Gunleather and have him make you a holster for your S&W. I have two of his and they are bar none the best revolver IWB holsters around. Supremely comfortable and extremely concealable.

They are also one of the thinnest holsters I have ever seen yet they remain open for easy holstering.

Is that a J-frame pictured? I'm considering in IWB for my model 36. I was thinking appendix carry since I'm thin front to back... although I just got my appendix removed so the idea makes me cringe at the moment. [laugh] If I could carry on my right and not have the handle stick out towards the back I'd consider side carry though.

Is that a J-frame pictured? I'm considering in IWB for my model 36. I was thinking appendix carry since I'm thin front to back... although I just got my appendix removed so the idea makes me cringe at the moment. [laugh] If I could carry on my right and not have the handle stick out towards the back I'd consider side carry though.

Nope, an N frame. More specifically a 3" Model 29.

Back
Top Bottom