• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best 2 stage AR15 trigger

I definitely understand that part, but what's the difference between a $100 aftermarket trigger and a $300 aftermarket trigger?
Sometimes its all in the feel and repeatability . How long will that trigger last before it wears and becomes less of a trigger ?

No harm asking.

I've seen some retarded people in my day. Some of which own guns. I've seen people shoot a rifle at a target 25 yards away and miss by 6ft, oblivious to what was going on.

So I'm saying if you don't know what end of a screwdriver is the part you hold, or you shoot your gun and don't understand why a hole didn't appear, might want to stay away from the adjustable triggers.

It's more of a "stop f'ing with your gun and learn how to shoot" piece of advice than anything else. Some people can't learn the difference between tinkering to improve and blaming the tool for your performance. Which with firearms usually leads to dumb ideas. Like hey, I bet I'll shoot the best with the trigger set to the lightest spot!
Our old Jr shooting coach would take the biggest POS rifle we had in the club rack and shame you if you complained about “equipment”
Especially if you where running club guns.
Some of the club guns where just old single shot rifles with butchered match sights installed, some where simply tack welded on. The coach could out shoot us with those pos. Think glenfield trigger If your old enough

Maybe it's because I'm not into competition shooting (nor am I good enough), but the thought of a 1.5lb trigger kind of freaks me out.

If you're not mechanically inclined, don't get an adjustable trigger. Buy something fixed. And likely buy a drop in single piece assembly.

If you're going to even think about using the gun for defense, 3lbs or higher on the trigger weight. AR Golds are awesome triggers, but there is no way in hell I'd put one in a battle rifle to use under duress. If you've never shot a 2.5lb or lighter trigger, you need to try it before you buy it. YMMV.

I got an SSA-E for an spr-type build. Total pull of 2.9 - 3.8, but .9 - 1.3 on the second stage. It's on the borderline of too light for me. I prefer the G2S in my other rifle.

I got an SSA-E for an spr-type build. Total pull of 2.9 - 3.8, but .9 - 1.3 on the second stage. It's on the borderline of too light for me. I prefer the G2S in my other rifle.
So I'm in the same boat,I got the SSA-E and it is too light, for my taste, I'm looking for an trigger to replace the one that came in my PSA lower parts kit. I do like the two stage but a single stage is not out of the question, again range toy, not a competition shooter nor am I an operator.

So I'm in the same boat,I got the SSA-E and it is too light, for my taste, I'm looking for an trigger to replace the one that came in my PSA lower parts kit. I do like the two stage but a single stage is not out of the question, again range toy, not a competition shooter nor am I an operator.

The regular SSA is worth a try. I only have the SSA-E on one precision gas gun. The regular SSA goes on my other general purpose gas guns that I still like to have nice triggers.

Or any of the triggers like Centurion’s two stage. I forget the company that actually makes them, but they make them for a lot of companies and are good for the money.

The Larue trigger has a crisp break, but the trigger shoe has hard edges and takes getting used to. I never got used to it and went back to Geissele.

I got my Feinwerkbau 800X 2 stage trigger down to 1 1/2 ounces, I still think it is heavy. For many years the fwb 601 was at 4 ounces and I thought that was light, If you spend the hours training with a light trigger, you will get used to it, and it will seem the norm, you will adapt to it.
The FX Crown is at 1 1/2 ounces, it is a 2 stage Royal model that I have adjusted it as a single stage with a feather light loose small amount of slack.

single stroke pneumatic FWB 601, I was able to get to 4 ounces minimum, The FWB C60 gas gun I acquired many years later, the 601 twin brother, and was able to get 4 ounces on the C60 as well. My son is presently shooting the C60 with me.
well the thread is about gas guns, not pneumatic.
an AR10 with a 4oz trigger will be fun. a full auto self-mag-dumping fun.

Until you've felt/used a GOOD 2-stage trigger that's measured in ounces, you don't know.
I love my buddy's FWB 800X, but he raves about the trigger on my Walther LG400.

Wait a minute............I thought we were talking about air rifles. I'm getting my threads confused.

I like the triggertech duty 3.5lb better than the SSA, and it’s 20% off for Black Friday sale, only $100 + shipping. The larue has a very wide shoe and I hated it, but it might be good if you have sausage fingers.

I have two timmney 4.5 single stage triggers.

LOVE THEM!!!

I do shoot them in competition. But I’d have them for any reason.

I like the triggertech duty 3.5lb better than the SSA, and it’s 20% off for Black Friday sale, only $100 + shipping. The larue has a very wide shoe and I hated it, but it might be good if you have sausage fingers.
I helped my brother install his Triggertech. I recommended the SSA-E over the Triggertech and now that I've tried the Triggertech? I still prefer the SSA-E by a wide margin. For sure the Triggertech is a nice trigger and I can understand why some would have a preference for it.

Back
Top Bottom