• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 950 jet fire chipped slide rail

I was hoping you guys could help me out. After buying this jet fire .25 used a couple of months ago I had a chunk of the rear slide rail break off. I've shot it sense and it doesn't seem to do anything to the function or reliability. I gues I'm just wondering if I should get this fixed. I'm not even sure there would be a way to fix it. I would appreciate any advice.

personally would contact beretta and also local gunsmith that you trust.

the tricky part about sending the gun back to beretta is that if they decide to replace the frame and issue a new serialized lower, it will have to go through an FFL and you may have issues finding one willing to transfer. i've heard many such stories of people sending a damaged frame back to glock (or whichever other mfr) but then they're stuck because they are unable to receive the lower via FFL.

if it's a small enough piece of the rail that broke, you might be able to re-finish any rough edges and just keep it well lube (personally i would keep grease there).

how did the thing break? depending how old it is, i would consider replacing your recoil spring as if the spring is old and shot-out there will be heavy slide -> frame contact on cycling.

maybe post some pics up here and you might get some better input. i do not own a jetfire .25 but i do own a 21A bobcat (in 22LR) so i'm vaguely familiar w these tip-up barrel designs. great little guns.

They can ship directly back to your house if it goes in for service. Mossberg did that to me when I had to send my rifle back. Shipped it directly to my house since its mine.

They can ship directly back to your house if it goes in for service. Mossberg did that to me when I had to send my rifle back. Shipped it directly to my house since its mine.

Did they issue u a new serialized receiver or just repair the gun?
repairs sure they will ship straight back to u....if theyre replacing the receiver it must go via FFL because its technically a whole new gun.
this is a genersl issue living in MA....its also why one should be cautious what is sent in to mfr for "repair" cuz u might not be able to get it back.

Will Beretta allow you to send them the slide only? If not, will they sell you a new one? They should be able to mail it right to your house.

Did they issue u a new serialized receiver or just repair the gun?
repairs sure they will ship straight back to u....if theyre replacing the receiver it must go via FFL because its technically a whole new gun.
this is a genersl issue living in MA....its also why one should be cautious what is sent in to mfr for "repair" cuz u might not be able to get it back.

They send me the gun with a entire new serial number on the reciever. To be honest I dont even think its the same gun I sent in but they sent me documentation on the reciver swap involving both serial numbers. Just did a registration and done.

They send me the gun with a entire new serial number on the reciever. To be honest I dont even think its the same gun I sent in but they sent me documentation on the reciver swap involving both serial numbers. Just did a registration and done.

Handgun or long gun?
presumambly mossberg then long gun?

i havent heard of this w any handguns....at least not in a while. Get's back to the whole federal law about requiring in-state FFL for handguns.

hopefully Len or one of the more knowledgeable NESers will shed some light on this. i am certainly no expert.

Back
Top Bottom