• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 92FS with a Burris Fastfire 3

chrbla2000

NES Member
My eyes aren't what they used to be and I like fiddling with my guns. Mostly I don't make changes that can't be reversed on my firearms, but since the 92FS is plentiful, I didn't see any harm in having the slide drilled and tapped.

I started off by ordering a sight mount from this guy:
Sight Mount Home

Then I took the slide to a local gunsmith, Mark at Consolidated Firearms Services in Hudson MA:
Gunsmith in Metrowest, Hudson MA - Consolidated Firearm Services

Mark turned around the slide to me in 1 day and did fantastic work, if you're in Metro west and need a gunsmith, look him up. Mark even agreed to meet me for both the drop off and pick up outside his normal business hours.

Amazon has the Burris Fastfire 3 cheaper than anyone else:
https://www.amazon.com/Burris-300234-Fastfire-Picatinny-Mount/dp/B007I9D8QE

And the final product, which I think came out great!:

20180419_180318.jpg

-chris

That looks good. How hard is it to rack the slide now? I know Berettas have limited real estate to begin with plus that slide mounted safety.

ETA: If you're missing a pocket knife it's caught in your trigger guard :)

That looks good. How hard is it to rack the slide now? I know Berettas have limited real estate to begin with plus that slide mounted safety.

ETA: If you're missing a pocket knife it's caught in your trigger guard :)

No trouble racking the slide, from the front, the webbing of my hand rests against the front of the mount, from the rear, I just grab the grooves.

Thanks, yeah, been looking for that knife :)

-chris

What does the smith need to do? just remove rear site and install this? Machining?

Easier if I paste from the Site-Mount page:

"Here is my standard answer. Sight Mount comes with a dovetail block that fits snugly into the existing rear sights dovetailed slot on the top of the slide after the old sight is removed. 2 #6x48 screws with external star lock washers and locktite secure Sight Mount to this block, a centered countersunk hole sits approx. 1.5 inches in front of these and it is intended that at that point a .150 inch deep hole is drilled and tapped for a #6x48 screw, this is the third mounting point with no washer and only locktite."

Hope that helps!

-chris

Back
Top Bottom