• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

belts

I guess I fall into that 1% I have used mine multiple times when up in a tree using the chainsaw. Also, while climbing the tree, I used the belt to tow the chainsaw up with me.

BTW, if you are interested in actually touching and feeling the belts, AG Guns and Ammo in Lowell has a rack of gun belts for sale.

Another 1%er here. [wink]

Ken

Another 1%er here

Wow.. You never struck me as an outlaw biker. Gives me a whole new perspective. (^_^) Let me guess... Enforcer? (^_^)

Originally Posted by C-pher View Post
Ok, I only where khakis (or jeans), so I only have brown shoes. I don't own any black shoes. So I need a brown belt.

May god have mercy on your soul for the wielder of the Grammar Hammer comes.

Quality gunbelts help lock the firearm into your body, and help make the holster-gun combination work together as an integrated system. Once you've tried a gunbelt there's no going back. [smile]

Wow.. You never struck me as an outlaw biker. Gives me a whole new perspective. (^_^) Let me guess... Enforcer? (^_^)

I was waiting to see how long it took for somebody to pick up on that. Not a lot of outlaw bikers rode Triumphs (except Brando). [wink]
Marlon-Brando.jpeg

I did grow up in Berdoo, through, so I knew a few old time Angels.

Ken

I second the Rafter S Gunleather belt. My first one was 1 1/2" black sharkskin, and after about four years of constant wear it looks virtually brand new. The only slightly beat up part is the buckle, and that is easily replaced. I find it stiff enough to carry a 1911 or my Sig 239.

I liked it so much that I just bought another one exactly the same but four inches smaller to fit my newly slimmed waistline. I am keeping the larger one also though, just in case I fatten up again.

Current price was $85.50, $93.50 shipped priority mail about 2 weeks after placing order by phone.

OK, which is preferred and why between these two general purpose "utility" belts? Would both fit in jeans and/or khakis?
The Wilderness' Original Instructor Belt 1.5"
The Wilderness' Original Instructor Belt 1.75"

So, my question becomes, where can I find these copies, are they the same thing for less money, and any other advice?

Similar question on these two:
Best-Quality Belt-DL 1.5" Gun Belt

Best-Quality Belt-DL 1.25" Gun Belt

Generally speaking, do people have any preference on belts? I am looking for something I can wear with jeans for everyday use, but that will also hold up the equipment if asked to do so, without dropping a large amount of cash. I am wondering if these types of belt are more specialized and would either stand out or be uncomfortable for every day use. What I'd envision is a grown-up version of the boy scout belt, only stronger.
P.S. If this is better in the equipment category, please feel free to move it. Thanks.

So, any new answers to the original questions?

What size is preferred? 1.25, 1.5, or 1.75?

So, is there a <$40 version or clone of the Wilderness belt which is as good as or better than the original?

Thanks.

Ooh. Relooking at the links here, I just found this:
Shop > Men's Casual Clothing > Men's Accessories > Belts & Suspenders > You are here: Cabela's Double Duty Belt

and this:

Shop > Men's Casual Clothing > Men's Accessories > Belts & Suspenders > You are here: 5.11 Trainer Belt - 1-1/2"

and this:
Shop > Men's Casual Clothing > Men's Accessories > Belts & Suspenders > You are here: Last Chance Duty Belts

Last edited:
I have 2 belts from Rafter S gunleather. One that is 1.25 and the other 1.5. They are both black. I also have a 1.5" brown one from the Beltman.
I would reccommend a belt from either one of them.
The 1.5" fit tight in the belt loops of jeans but this holds the holster very tight and allows only very little movement if any when I draw.
The 1.25 is still solid but allows more movement when drawing but it will fit in more belt loops and would be tighter on dress pants or pants with smaller loops.

OK, dumb question on fit. When it says belt size, does that mean waist size, or length of belt? Yeah, we'd all like to lose several pounds, but anyhow, what do we measure to send in. I don't buy clothing items online much, if at all, so this would help. Thanks.

When it says belt size, does that mean waist size, or length of belt? ---Coyote33

From what I've read on the Belt Man’s web site, he wants the measurement from the hole in the belt that you use when carrying a gun to the end of the buckle. I’ve seen other belt sites that ask for the same and another that just adds two inches to you waist size.

Directions for the measuring your belt for the Beltman are on his site.

Respectfully,

jkelly

speaking from experience, you should measure the belt and not guess. Do not use the size from a Wal-mart belt since they seem to have their own sizing. The instructions on the Beltman site are the best. measure from the end to the hole most commonly used.

add 2" to the belt size for a IWB holster.

generally you may be able to add 4" to your pant size for the belt size, but measure.
reference: generally wear 34" waist pants, 36" for IWB.. have a 38" from Rafter. good belt, not big enough for IWB. ordered a 38" Wilderness, it did not fit. The tab did not come back enough over the velcro ro lock, never mind the holster. . needed a 40.

also, get a Wilderness 5 stitch. you are not saving anything by getting a imported knock off.

I have 2 belts from Rafter S gunleather. One that is 1.25 and the other 1.5. They are both black. I also have a 1.5" brown one from the Beltman.
I would reccommend a belt from either one of them.
The 1.5" fit tight in the belt loops of jeans but this holds the holster very tight and allows only very little movement if any when I draw.
The 1.25 is still solid but allows more movement when drawing but it will fit in more belt loops and would be tighter on dress pants or pants with smaller loops.

All my belts are 1.25" wide, and I make sure to order my holster with matching 1.25"-wide loops. The holsters are snug and secure as can be.

Also, +1 for the Beltman.net.

Back
Top Bottom