Before you stock in the next 10,000 rounds of ammo, maybe you should stop and think.

Someone's mad he didn't get in when prices were the cheapest they've been in years.
i tried getting a handful of people together to put in some big orders late 2019. i offered to use my card and have it all sent to my work so big gov could not track them. .....well i have plenty and can load to. Fun stuff

i tried getting a handful of people together to put in some big orders late 2019. i offered to use my card and have it all sent to my work so big gov could not track them. .....well i have plenty and can load to. Fun stuff
Include me in those buys next time.

OP, please clarify for me. Let's say, just theoretically, that I have 12 guns that shoot 30-06 and just one that shoots 308. Do I stock 4k rounds of each, or 48K rounds of 30-06 and 4K rounds of 308, but what if I shoot the 308 more. Or can I just average it out and stock 26K rounds of each. I mean I want to make sure I get this right. And to be honest I hardly have any 9x17, maybe 500 rounds. Can I add that unused 3.5K to my stock of 38 super?. This is all very confusing to me............... /sarc

OP, please clarify for me. Let's say, just theoretically, that I have 12 guns that shoot 30-06 and just one that shoots 308. Do I stock 4k rounds of each, or 48K rounds of 30-06 and 4K rounds of 308, but what if I shoot the 308 more. Or can I just average it out and stock 26K rounds of each. I mean I want to make sure I get this right. And to be honest I hardly have any 9x17, maybe 500 rounds. Can I add that unused 3.5K to my stock of 38 super?. This is all very confusing to me............... /sarc
Don’t forget that maybe you’re wife and kids also like to shoot. Is it 4000 per caliber, or 4000 per caliber per shooter in the house???

*snip*
In reading some of the posts here, I'm hearing that people are stockpiling 10, 20 and 30,000 rounds of ammo and up, and they're still buying more.

Just like the folks who descended upon the stores to clean out the paper towels, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer, panic buying is great for you, but it prevents the rest of us from getting any. It also drives prices through the roof.

Yes, you have the right to stockpile hundreds of thousands of rounds, but when you do this, you screw everyone else who is worried about the civil unrest situation, or having enough ammo to maintain qualification.

Just a thought.
Well, that might have been me when I "Woke" during the Obama Administration.
After his first term, I would buy when there was value to be had, not during a panic.
I'm not screwing anyone, I buy when the shelves are overflowing.
Two days before Charlie Faker shut down the state, I was in Patriot Arms in Ipswich.
The usually have 75 to 100 handguns on display, but had maybe 10 left.
I said "Where'd all the handguns go"? One of the clerks responded "Ammo".
I told him I was all set, I didn't need any Ammo. He wanted me to sell them some.
I sold them 2,000 9mm, 1,000 .45 ACP, 1,000 7.62x39 & 1,000 38 Special.
I told them I'd need a day to compile their request as it's spread around.
I also I made sure I grabbed stuff I bought high. I always put the Date, Vendor & Price on each case.
I'm not licensed to sell Ammo, so I let it go at cost. Brought my average cost's down.
They were happy as a pig in shit. They sold it all that day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder to watch prices and buy up everything reasonable whether I need it or not. You can never have too much

Because this thread was posted I made it a point today to buy another 1000 round case of 9mm and another 500 round shelf-loaf of CCI mini mags.... [laugh]

I was also thinking- last time this bullshit happened at one point there weren't even cases to be had, other than from flippers. And I paid more for the first Obamascare 2 case than I did
today... but even back then, I was grateful just to get that case of ammo. Frankly if I had the extra cash I would have bought double what I bought today, too.

The fun thing is in this time that the thread has elapsed, the OP could have gone to at least one LGS I assume she is from MA more than likely, and the place I bought the ammo from is very likely within an hour of where she lives, unless shes on the cape or something. The place I went to had 8 cases of 9mm on the floor. And there was another place maybe 15 minutes or so away (but closer to mass) that probably had some and had similar prices. OP could have easily gotten out the plastic and bought a couple, bit her tongue, and been better off for it in the end, because if this stuff gets worse.... what I paid today will look very reasonable when gunbroker and armslist flipper retards are the only ones left with cases of ammo, getting twice what I paid today for it... (although I guess one could call them savvy businessmen, but I'd rather use the ammo I bought rather than play bill cosby card with it) I've seen this whole movie before, there's a part in the middle of the movie that drags on and on and is unnecessarily painful and boring, and the last time I saw it, it involved PMing a cadre of different NES members to find out where boxes of 9mm were showing up at random walmarts at 12 bucks a box or so, we drove all over creation to not even be able to buy a case of ammo.... we had an INTEL RING and it was pretty hard core... but I digress... )

Nomesayin?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neOJdj1jVPc

Well, some people have mortgages, kids, student loans, and other expenses that require budgeting to blow $2500 on ammo. You finally amass the money, and the market goes screwy.

I think common sense would suggest that the instructor was talking about 9, 40, 45, 5.56 and 7.62 x 39. I don't think he was referencing 50 bmg, 460 Weatherby Magnum or 458 LOTT.
If u are looking at it like making a couple of big ammo purchases a year, I think your mistaken. Get a membership to any online ammo company willing to ship to MA and set how much u want to spend per month. I have all the the shit u are talking about; wife, kids,mortgage, etc etc and I still get ammo every month. Try that and u will build up your inventory in no time.

If u are looking at it like making a couple of big ammo purchases a year, I think your mistaken. Get a membership to any online ammo company willing to ship to MA and set how much u want to spend per month. I have all the the shit u are talking about; wife, kids,mortgage, etc etc and I still get ammo every month. Try that and u will build up your inventory in no time.
Agreed.

OP, set a weekly/monthly ammo budget and buy more than you shoot. Buy 3 shoot 2. You're buying more when prices are low and once you have a stockpile in place you can afford to sit out the panics.

Lol yeah it's going to take a while to unwind this.

Hopefully it really is driven by the people who bought their first gun ever in the last few months. My fingers are crossed that they think that 200 rounds is a lot so they stop buying.

Lol yeah it's going to take a while to unwind this.

Hopefully it really is driven by the people who bought their first gun ever in the last few months. My fingers are crossed that they think that 200 rounds is a lot so they stop buying.

I am cautiously optimistic, because honestly, I thought we would be at "all shops rationing, some shops no ammo at all" situation a month ago vs now. I think the Corona BS has made
production and distribution of ammo more difficult, too. (god knows how long ammo plants have been shut down in various parts of the US because of "corona" BS.....

I started stocking up a few years ago but not enough. I saw the sh!t storm coming for election year so started buying stuff every paycheck last fall. Since March I've increased buying. My biggest issue now is where to store all the damn stuff. I have no room in my safe and my locking ammo cabinet is full. I have some old kitchen cabinets installed above my bench and I'm thinking of storing ammo in them and installing a hasp and padlock.

Dont count on it

Assuming trump wins again the left will lose their minds on a much larger scale than in 2016.....count on a month of similar unrest but this time with lots of arrests....I would expect things to start to stabilize a few weeks after re-inauguration end of Jan

On the off chance that Biden wins I expect purchases to increase dramatically....true panic buying
Right on the money. [thumbsup] Trump winning will bring about more short-term chaos in the ammo market while the deranged lunatic left throws a temper tantrum (with more screaming at the sky) of near biblical proportions. [laugh]

On the other hand, Crazy, pervy, senile old Uncle Joe winning will signal the end of America as we know it and make the worst of what we've seen so far in the ammo market seem mild in comparison. [mg]

Because this thread was posted I made it a point today to buy another 1000 round case of 9mm and another 500 round shelf-loaf of CCI mini mags.... [laugh]

I was also thinking- last time this bullshit happened at one point there weren't even cases to be had, other than from flippers. And I paid more for the first Obamascare 2 case than I did
today... but even back then, I was grateful just to get that case of ammo. Frankly if I had the extra cash I would have bought double what I bought today, too.

One can never have enough 22lr. I keep a full loose pack 50cal can topped for just the kids to shoot (separate from the rest). If they were using 9mm or 223 all the time I'd be in foreclosure. Lol.

Before Sandy Hook Cabelas had pallets of 2200rd federal 22LR in metal 50cal cans for $79 each. I bought a lot.

I started stocking up a few years ago but not enough. I saw the sh!t storm coming for election year so started buying stuff every paycheck last fall. Since March I've increased buying. My biggest issue now is where to store all the damn stuff. I have no room in my safe and my locking ammo cabinet is full. I have some old kitchen cabinets installed above my bench and I'm thinking of storing ammo in them and installing a hasp and padlock.

Dave - mail it to me, I'll store it for you.

Back
Top Bottom