Be careful stating names of online vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me preface this by thanking the mods for trying to keep vendors names off of northeastshooters.com. Although its not your job to babysit the forum, you all do a damn fine job of making sure vendors names or threads asking for names, get closed or deleted.
Thank you. If i ever go to a NES outing that the mods go to, the first rounds on me!

I just got off the phone with a company that i normally do business with online. I have been ordering from this company for the last year without issue. Today, they left me a voicemail asking me to call them regarding my order. They stated that i am a long time customer and because of the business i have done with them, they wanted to complete my order but advised of a recent letter that was received from the b!tch Martha Coakley. It was the standard letter threatening them with legal action if the items people buy are used in a crime. I offered to send them a copy of my LTC to validate that i am legally able to buy the components in this state. My vendor agreed that the copy would suffice for now, but that they may not be able to ship to me going forward. Their attorney would have to read the laws and make the final decision if they will continue to ship to Mass.

I really dont care what people talk about on a web forum. All i am saying is just be mindful of making any comments that can lead Martha and all of her cronies to identifying what companies ship to Mass. This state sucks enough as it is for firearm owners, lets not have it suck anymore.

I will not share the name of the company with anyone except a mod, so please dont bother asking me in a PM, the request will be ignored.

That stinks guy. I know I've had a few people PM me looking for names of vendors I use and I flat out refuse to give them out since it's so hard to find ones that haven't been threatened by this state yet.

loose-lips-sink-ships-posters2.jpg

Posting in the open forum is bad enough, but I'm always surprised how many people are happy to PM people they don't even know with stuff. We know for a fact that there are spies here - if you don't know someone in person don't be PMing them secrets.

And if you do see someone posting a name on the open forum, please use the little report button to let us know. We don't read every thread so we do miss stuff from time to time.

That blows that this state is so draconian.
I'm going continue to do massive amounts of business with those that can and will online Martha !!

Why don't you just ship a turd to her? I'll do it if you guys can't, CT doesn't have a law against it............. yet

F marsha. I hope their attorney reads the laws and gives them the green light.

Then Marsha sets a court date in MASS for the company on selling ammo without a license or some such and unless they feel like fronting money for a lawyer who then has to fly to MASS they end up automatically losing.

Realistically there isn't enough money to be made in MA to pay to fight. Unless some larger organization gets involved no single vendor will fight this IMO.

Should of gave them contact info to some of the comma2a guys that are on here.

Figure a mass guy that has fought the laws can explain the laws to out of state ones .

There are no laws.

It may be just a general letter that they send to every known vendor just to cover their behind and feel powerful.

And it works. To ignore it can be very expensive for a company.

F marsha. I hope their attorney reads the laws and gives them the green light.

Very unlikely to happen. See below.

Then Marsha sets a court date in MASS for the company on selling ammo without a license or some such and unless they feel like fronting money for a lawyer who then has to fly to MASS they end up automatically losing.

Realistically there isn't enough money to be made in MA to pay to fight. Unless some larger organization gets involved no single vendor will fight this IMO.

And they have to hire an attorney that is a member of the MA Bar to represent them. It cost the AG "zero" to prosecute/sue, they use taxpayer money.

If you ever ran your own business and a client/potential client starts sending signals that they like suing people, would you continue doing business with them? I know that when I did computer work I fired a handful of clients that gave me these bad vibes. It's just not worth the risk.

Most business people are risk-adverse and once threatened, they get cautious about proceeding to poke the bear.

Yep... been there myself.

And it wasn't just Martha either. (might have been Leary or Harshbarger).

For awhile I was getting regular shipments from one of the larger online ammo vendors.

Then out of the blue I get an email stating yada... yada... MA AG... yada... yada... no longer... yada... yada... fined, seek judgement...etc.

However, seeing as I was a regular customer they would still ship to me as long as possible.

I was still getting shipments for months after that, but then I cut back my buying/spending habits.

Next time I placed an order, I got an email back stating that due to yada... yada... lawyers ... yada... yada... we can no longer ship or sell... etc

I have no doubt these "cease and desist" letters exist, but just out of curiosity, I would love to see an actual copy posted here just to see what is actually being said.

Most business people are risk-adverse and once threatened, they get cautious about proceeding to poke the bear.

As a business owner it is much easier to walk away from a small profit with a risk involved. I myself find it easier to let the bear starve.

Yep... been there myself.

For awhile I was getting regular shipments from one of the larger online ammo vendors.

Then out of the blue I get an email stating yada... yada... MA AG... yada... yada... no longer... yada... yada... fined, seek judgement...etc.

However, seeing as I was a regular customer they would still ship to me as long as possible.

I was still getting shipments for months after that, but then I cut back my buying/spending habits.

Next time I placed an order, I got an email back stating that due to yada... yada... lawyers ... yada... yada... we can no longer ship or sell... etc

I have no doubt these "cease and desist" letters exist, but just out of curiosity, I would love to see an actual copy posted here just to see what is actually being said.
I would really like to see someone take one for the team and sue for interfering with LEGAL interstate commerce and abuse of power. We all know the taxpayer will be the one paying. Until these little tyrants are held personally accountable nothing will change.

Posting in the open forum is bad enough, but I'm always surprised how many people are happy to PM people they don't even know with stuff. We know for a fact that there are spies here - if you don't know someone in person don't be PMing them secrets.

And if you do see someone posting a name on the open forum, please use the little report button to let us know. We don't read every thread so we do miss stuff from time to time.

I hope everyone reads the above post and follows that advice. Selfish reason on my part, because I would hate to lose my online sources.

Take one for the team.. pony up...the cost would be huge. The AG could seek continuances and stall till the money ran out and then some.

Let's agree we should always be careful when even discussing online venders on other sites and off line with friends ! FN Martha see you next Tuesday !

Spies? Seriously? Must be thrilling work.

What laws are they breaking? Are online shops really this gullible that all it takes is a nasty note. That would be like NY AG writing a letter telling online dealers they cannot ship coca cola into the state.

Let's get the French guy to dump a load of shit on her lawn.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I would really like to see someone take one for the team and sue for interfering with LEGAL interstate commerce and abuse of power. We all know the taxpayer will be the one paying. Until these little tyrants are held personally accountable nothing will change.

That's what I was talking about.
Couldn't we just to a kick starter type deal and find some one to go to court for this. Dose it have to be a company? If so wtf can't the customers just group up

I would donate a weeks pay for this.
There's enough of us that bitch and moan about it not being easy to buy ammo online ,That we could afford to fight it.
If it works you'll get the ammo you want and you'd recoup it over time.
There's a few match grade ammo I want that I never see at lgs that I can find online .

That's what I was talking about.
Couldn't we just to a kick starter type deal and find some one to go to court for this. Dose it have to be a company? If so wtf can't the customers just group up

I would donate a weeks pay for this.
There's enough of us that bitch and moan about it not being easy to buy ammo online ,That we could afford to fight it.
If it works you'll get the ammo you want and you'd recoup it over time.
There's a few match grade ammo I want that I never see at lgs that I can find online .
I told myself that if I was lucky enough to hit that half a billion dollar lottery I would put a few million to good use to put some of these ****ers in their place. Why donate to politicians when a few lawsuits could have a better outcome.

I have seen a few of these some years ago. Sadly the AG website removed their press releases on them and I didn't save the ones I read to my computer.

If I we're you guys, I would not use the PM system on the forum!!! It is not safe.

That is why I ask people to contact me thru my email only!!!!

Fred

I fully agree. However I can't even get almost anyone to do that no matter how many times I post that request!

Cost could be tremendous, racking up huge legal bills and for what? Not enough profits from MA to make it worthwhile to anyone.

Spies? Seriously? Must be thrilling work.

Seriously he's right, there are spies amongst us and yes they do use the info against us. Perhaps it is the only thrill in their lives, but they do cause us harm.

What laws are they breaking? Are online shops really this gullible that all it takes is a nasty note. That would be like NY AG writing a letter telling online dealers they cannot ship coca cola into the state without a common victualler (or whatever) license
FIFY

Same theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom