Be careful stating names of online vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the AG was the one responsible for banning Cheaper Than Dirt from conducting business in MA.

I guess every cloud does have a silver lining after all.

Yup, them and SportsmansGuide, too. Apparently the reason SportsmansGuide has such ****ed up MA restrictions is the consent decree they got apparently includes any "gun manufacturer branded merchandise" which is why you can't even order a winchester brand pocket knife from them and have it sent to MA.

-Mike

What color crayon did you write this in? I looked in my box of crayons and couldn't match it...

I have to admit that I'd get a kick out of reading that paper.

I'm pretty sure Tzu also said something about not empowering your enemies by giving away your secrets. Maybe that was chapter two.

Yup, them and SportsmansGuide, too. Apparently the reason SportsmansGuide has such ****ed up MA restrictions is the consent decree they got apparently includes any "gun manufacturer branded merchandise" which is why you can't even order a winchester brand pocket knife from them and have it sent to MA.

-Mike

That was meant to be sarcasm and the tradition of mocking and ridiculing Cheaper Than Dirt. [wink]

But, other than that, I really don't blame any of the online vendors who get caught up in the legal quagmire and confusion, nor their reluctance to challenge it.

And still after all this we don't have a shop in mass that has a good selection of powder bullets and primers for a decent price or the willingness to get... none I found anyway?

And still after all this we don't have a shop in mass that has a good selection of powder bullets and primers for a decent price or the willingness to get... none I found anyway?

This x1000. There are shops that "carry reloading supplies", but I'm not interested in gun show prices and magnum powders. I've tried to talk Carl into it but it would require new space and an entirely new inventory headaches, etc.

Getting what you want when the other side isn't effectively getting what they want, is hardly "surrender."

-Mike

Hiding you're legal activity is doing their work for them. You hiding in the dark or them putting you there either way you are surrendering the light that freedom is.

Has the AG ever successfully gone after an out of state dealer? Or even attempted to other than sending a letter?

From a legal standpoint. Obviously she succeeded in just writing letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What color crayon did you write this in? I looked in my box of crayons and couldn't match it...

crayon2.jpg

My 5yo has the same box. Not sure why the color of the text is relevant. Maybe a bit more time paid to the CONTENT and less to the color would be more constructive. This appears to be the problem here to many people looking at the pretty colors while the liberals are coming after us.

Has the AG ever successfully gone after an out of state dealer? Or even attempted to other than sending a letter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as i know, no they have not.

Travis, stop trolling. You honestly have not contributed anything positive to this thread. Last i read, this forum is called northeastshooters.com, not travis shooters. In case you have not noticed, the NORTHEAST US is being attacked by gun grabbers from every angle. The battles being fought in Ma, Ny, Nj, Ri, and Ct, are starting to trickle further north. Look at whats happening in NH, the live free or die state. How much longer do you think it will be before bogus legislation will make it to the table in Maine?

Last edited:

Yes they have and they have successfully collected some fines from some of them and IIRC they did win a few cases by default when the vendor ignored the letters and Summons to court.

The best advice for MA residents always seems to come from out-of-staters.

Why not grab a MA non-resident license and open carry around Boston and see how that "not hiding your legal activity" goes for you, and how it will help free up us sheeple. I mean, you guys are so full of the great advice, c'mon... show us what you mean.

Travis, stop trolling. You honestly have not contributed anything positive to this thread. Last i read, this forum is called northeastshooters.com, not travis shooters. In case you have not noticed, the NORTHEAST US is being attacked by gun grabbers from every angle. The battles being fought in Ma, Ny, Nj, Ri, and Ct, are starting to trickle further north. Look at whats happening in NH, the live free or die state. How much longer do you think it will be before bogus legislation will make it to the table in Maine?

O ok I get it. I am not in Mass so I can not possibly have a opinion. Maine is controlled by a small area well south of me where many of the people live and they are liberal. However when any law about firearms comes up we fight it we call and email. The reason we in Maine are still the way we are is because we do not hide what we do. The anti bear hunting folks ( not Mainers ) are back again to try to outlaw bear hunting with bait, dogs and traps. We are fighting it. You want to hide what you do then hide. If a company will not ship you a LEGAL item because of the fear of being sued by you're state then spend you're money with a company that will stand up. We had a huge issue with the Portland PD harassing open carry people not to many years ago and many of us drove down spend the weekends out supporting them. Guess what 1 person open carrying would get harassed, disarmed, searched and many times cuffed by the ignorant Portland PD. However when we went down to support them amazingly we did not get disarmed, search or harassed in any way in fact the Portland pd became very polite and friendly. It got to the point where they woudl drive by and see no crime and not even stop. But hey you guys seem to have a system that works great for you. Keep going in that direction and ignore all input from outside sources.

I don't think that each state or court can legally pick and choose what court orders they will enforce or refuse to enforce. Doing so for the 2nd Amendment issues (which this really isn't) could result in child support/visitation rights, liability suits, etc. all being unenforceable. There are Federal "Rules of Court" and each state has their own Rules of Court which lays out practices and procedures to be followed and they have to be abided by.
Len, I do not think that it is a matter of picking and choosing, but rather what is practical. My second career, retirement job if you will, involves working in a distribution center for an internet retailer. Not sure if you know how these companies work, but here it is. You call your order in and supply your info (credit card #, etc.) to the pleasant clerk who answers your call. You may also do this on the internet. The office where you place your order may be, for example, in a rented office in downtown Pittsburgh, with contract personnel manning said office. OK, order placed, credit card info obtained and we are ready to ship your (case of .308 ammo, telescoping stock for your AR, post-ban hi-cap mags, etc.) merchandise. Well, the Pittsburgh office may have to relay this information to a distribution center (DC) located in Jackson, MS for the ammo, another DC located in Enid, OK for the telescoping stock and maybe even a third DC in Sugarland, TX for the hi-cap mags. Now, Martha Coakley and her goons decide enough is enough and file suit against the XYZ Tactical Armaments Group (fictional company; just for example). Their headquarters may be a rented office at Embarcadero Center in San Francisco. So, after Martha gets her judgment and domesticates it in CA for collection purposes, a California deputy sheriff attempts to confiscate the company's merchandise and auction it to satisfy the judgment. Problem is, the Big Kahuna (company president) may have a rented office there, but not much to confiscate and auction. Maybe his desk, the admin assistant's desk, a couple of computers, but not much else. Even if they did locate the main DC and confiscated the merchandise, they would need a bonded warehouse and have to hire a trucking company to transport it to the bonded warehouse, pending appeals. The logistics and ultimate cost may not be worth it. Worst case scenario: company declares BK 7 and opens a similar business under a different name and Federal TIN number. Very easy to do.

I like the other option mentioned above: Get a MA OOS license and show us just how well that open carry, stand up for your rights mantra goes over in front of the state house. There's a large difference between an opinion of how things should be and how they actually are. Telling someone how to navigate the politics in their own backyard when they've been at it for most of their lives is like telling a dog how to lick his own balls.

Last edited:
I like the other option mentioned above: Get a MA OOS license and show us just how well that open carry, stand up for your rights mantra goes over in front of the state house. There's a large difference between an opinion of how things should be and how they actually are. Telling someone how to navigate the politics in their own backyard when they've been at it for most of their lives is like telling a dog how to lick his own balls.
Nice !

O ok I get it. I am not in Mass so I can not possibly have a opinion. Maine is controlled by a small area well south of me where many of the people live and they are liberal. However when any law about firearms comes up we fight it we call and email. The reason we in Maine are still the way we are is because we do not hide what we do. The anti bear hunting folks ( not Mainers ) are back again to try to outlaw bear hunting with bait, dogs and traps. We are fighting it. You want to hide what you do then hide. If a company will not ship you a LEGAL item because of the fear of being sued by you're state then spend you're money with a company that will stand up. We had a huge issue with the Portland PD harassing open carry people not to many years ago and many of us drove down spend the weekends out supporting them. Guess what 1 person open carrying would get harassed, disarmed, searched and many times cuffed by the ignorant Portland PD. However when we went down to support them amazingly we did not get disarmed, search or harassed in any way in fact the Portland pd became very polite and friendly. It got to the point where they woudl drive by and see no crime and not even stop. But hey you guys seem to have a system that works great for you. Keep going in that direction and ignore all input from outside sources.

Travis, Sadly ME much like NH is being infected by the leberal...non shooting non hunting folks. Your southern cities are growing in population vs northern population. Soon your elected officials will not really give a shit about the the rest of the state. You also have large percent of welfare recipients which I speculate a low percentage of them care about gun rights vs the check? Maybe I am wrong.
Problem is the majority of elected officials only care about getting elected.
as soon as the populated cities votes out number you folks in the "woods " they wont care.
I do give credit to ME law makers for not rushing into like CT and NY.I remember reading that they wanted to wait for the emotions to settle.
Also remember reading about Ann Haskell from Portland (not sure if she still holds office) taking down a moose.....although I see people like her being more of a Fudd gun rights person? I'm not sure how far it will go or what it will become.
In the end most people have lost the connection to the 2A....
I have written to all our reps here in mass. The generic response is laughable.
In the end I think if enough gun owners got as into the political fight as they did the rush on "PSA" deals of the day we could make something out of it.
When I see the numbers here in mass makes me wonder?
We have 2 groups GOAL with last I seen info with approx 14k members and comm2a. 14k members out of 300,000 license holders is not enough!

NOW IF THERE IS A GUN COMPANY OUT THERE THAT WILL GIVE MASS THE BIG FINGER AND SHIP EVERYTHING WE CAN LEAGALLY OWN I WILL GIVE THEM ALL MY BUSINESS. midway,cabela, basspro don't bother to do so how or why would axlittle company bother for a handful of customer.
The whole thing sucks

... Telling someone how to navigate the politics in their own backyard when they've been at it for most of their lives is like telling a dog how to lick his own balls.

Except the MA's dog balls are full of infected open sores due to the MA dog's inability to lick them clean. In which case, the MA dog might want to reconsider their ball licking approach, seeing how IT'S NOT WORKING.

And I lived in MA for more than a decade, so I've thoroughly experienced the outstanding results of the current approach to "navigating the politics in their own backyard".

In my country we have a saying that can loosely be translated to "when everybody tells you you're drunk, go sleep it off". Definitely applies to people from MA who think that they already have the answers and need no input from anybody else.

Last edited:
Except the MA's dog balls are full of infected open sores due to the MA dog's inability to lick them clean. In which case, the MA dog might want to reconsider their ball licking approach, seeing how IT'S NOT WORKING.

And I lived in MA for more than a decade, so I've thoroughly experienced the outstanding results of the current approach to "navigating the politics in their own backyard".

In my country we have a saying that can loosely be translated to "when everybody tells you you're drunk, go sleep it off". Definitely applies to people from MA who think that they already have the answers and need to input from anybody else.

...and while you were living here for that decade, you pushed the buttons of the local officials down here... how?

Again, I invite you to obtain your MA NR license (if you don't have one already) and return to your former home and open carry around Boston and help us push back a little. Be sure to take video because I won't be there to see it, and it'll be interesting to see how good your videography skillz are as you're being protected and served.

...and while you were living here for that decade, you pushed the buttons of the local officials down here... how?

Again, I invite you to obtain your MA NR license (if you don't have one already) and return to your former home and open carry around Boston and help us push back a little. Be sure to take video because I won't be there to see it, and it'll be interesting to see how good your videography skillz are as you're being protected and served.

I've never said that open carry is a good idea. I merely pointed out that MA people refusing to listen to "outsiders" because they are the masters of "navigating the politics in their own backyard" is not supported by the facts at hand... which is why you are trying to change the topic by attributing to me statements I never made.

My past and present activity is already known on NES, and I feel no need to restate it for you, especially given that you only ask about it to change the topic from the complete failure of the MA citizens to stop the legislature from oppressing them in so many ways, gun legislation being merely one of them.

I'll be glad to help the MA residents with what I can... and part of that it telling the truth as I see it, whether it bothers some people or not.

As to the aggressive tone of your misleading post, the included straw man and the (hopefully intentional) typo... all I can say is:

Stay classy, Quiet.

I think the OP's point has been made. Don't post vendor names here, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom