BCG Getting Stuck/Binding

I wonder if the bolt was not assembled properly and something is rubbing.

Remove the upper and show us the inside.

While it doesn't look like it, the symptom sounds like when a full auto bolt group is put in a Colt lower with a sear block.

SOLVED: I figured it out, but I didn't give you guys the clues to put it together.

I'm using a PMM BCD and it's obviously not designed for the BCM MK2 upper. The MK2 beefed up some areas, so the dimensions are different from your run of the mill upper. When the upper goes on, it forces the BCD out and the bolt catch up. Ain't that a bitch?

I guess I'll see if I can remove some material from the BCD.

P.S. Told ya. I'm a moron.

I don't follow. need pics

ETA. BCD - battery control device, i understand now. one of those things that attaches to the bolt catch/ release, sometimes known for causing more problems than they solve. If we had seen the left side of your AR we would have suggested removing it.

Last edited:

PMM ”Battery Control Device” is like the magpul BAD; attaches on the left side to the bolt release and allows you to release the bolt with your trigger finger.

From OPs description, I’m guessing it hangs up and doesn’t let the internal part of the release get out of the way of the bcg as it goes forward.

R

PMM ”Battery Control Device” is like the magpul BAD; attaches on the left side to the bolt release and allows you to release the bolt with your trigger finger.

From OPs description, I’m guessing it hangs up and doesn’t let the internal part of the release get out of the way of the bcg as it goes forward.

R

Nailed it.

ETA. BCD - battery control device, i understand now. one of those things that attaches to the bolt catch/ release, sometimes known for causing more problems than they solve. If we had seen the left side of your AR we would have suggested removing it.

I like them. If I can't use one, no biggie, but I like to have the same operation across platforms.

If anyone finds this in the future....

If you have an MK2 upper and wish to use a BCD by PMM, you can absolutely reprofile the back of the BCD to fit the MK2. It just needs a little slope created on the muzzle side of the device. I learned the hard way. Hopefully, this saves someone a headache.

20200419_172051.jpg

The "right" side originally matched the left.

Welcome zombies to a graveyard smash as I am from the future having this problem with a newly assembled rifle. Some places say the hammer might not be seating back far enough and I would also like to try other steps as well.

The only problem is, I charged it back, went forward halfway and stuck and can’t get it to break open. The pins come out and I’m almost able to open the rifle, but since the bcg is halfway in the tube, I don’t know what to do. Would the right step be to take off tube? Thanks

Welcome zombies to a graveyard smash as I am from the future having this problem with a newly assembled rifle. Some places say the hammer might not be seating back far enough and I would also like to try other steps as well.

The only problem is, I charged it back, went forward halfway and stuck and can’t get it to break open. The pins come out and I’m almost able to open the rifle, but since the bcg is halfway in the tube, I don’t know what to do. Would the right step be to take off tube? Thanks
you can always unbolt the buffer tube, with some determination, if it is indeed that bad.
is it stuck now with no movement in any direction, even if you pour like a half liter of wd40 on it? it is not much for it to be stuck there half-way. i would understand more if it locked in and refuses to come out, but if a half way, well. do you feel anything trying to apply some leverage to the bolt face? anything scrubbing, metal on metal contact - anything? bolt cannot just weld itself to the upper.

Back
Top Bottom