• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bass Pro wouldn't sell me a gun today UPDATE Post 56

Just get a fake DL with your new address on it. Bass Pro employees probably don't get the training to spot fake licenses like those who work at businesses with liquor licenses do.

Granted I'm in NH, but no gun shop has ever looked very hard at my license. I went through the training to spot fake licenses (I worked at an Irving year ago). I was required to take the class that shows you how to spot fakes licenses. Basically, you fondle the license to determine if it is made of the right materiel as well as tilt it and stuff. I was told by the state liquor commission worker teaching the class that Mass licenses (2006) were stupid easy to fake [rofl].

NY licenses can be crumpled up and still retain their shape. They also smell like burning wood when you scratch them with your finger nail.

When I renewed my LTC,I had multiple addresses listed in the system.The Chief instructed me to go to the new town of my primary residence and apply.I informed him that I didn't have any guns there and wanted to apply from my place of business. My new Class A Unrestricted is valid through 2017 and have purchased a few guns without a problem having two addresses!

The solution is simple. On the back of your DL there is a spot to adhere a label with your updated address. FFL's are not allowed to coach you on this, but that is the only step you missed.

quick question does anyone know if bass pro will do a transfer from person to person tried calling them and the call's don't even go through something is wrong with your phone

I hate to say it but I have to side with the retailer. I understand the MIRCS thing. But based on the instructions for the federal Form 4473, he needs some alternate documentation.

This is tough if you don't own your home because you won't have a tax bill. But if you do, I'd suggest bringing a tax bill with you when you buy guns in the future. Its cheaper than getting a new DL and will work just as well.

Don

Back
Top Bottom