Bass Pro Shop - Whoa!!!

kurtb

NES Member
Talk about high prices. I was in there looking at the handguns this weekend and was just blown away by the prices! People that buy their handguns there must be flush with cash. I think it has something to do with the whole "experience" .... and buyers just lose their minds and whip out the credit cards.

yeah handgun prices are crazy. Every once in a while sales on rifles not so bad. Ammo is a lil high but when they have it, they have it in stock.

Somtimes you can find a deal I bought a s&w 629c with 6 inch barrel there that was on clearance it only cost me 489.99

Bass Pro also excludes guns from their price matching policy (at least in MA stores)

Maybe a new policy but I purchased a cricket rifle last year for my kids.
BP had it for $129 and a Cabella's flyer had it for $99.
I brought in the flyer and the manager gave me a $30 gift card on the spot and I used it to buy the $129.00 gun.

Might have been because it was Cabella's and a national chain.

I was at BP this past weekend. I used to think DSG raped people for ammo prices until I saw BP. They even had their long guns marked up quite a bit compared to DSG. I really do think you're paying for the experience. Haven't really asked about buying bulk ammo there but I think that's the only thing I would possibly get there that involves firearms.

If I am in the market for a brand new gun, I never shop the big stores.

I have an FFL friend that can get me any gun 50 bucks above wholesale cost.

I was at BP this past weekend. I used to think DSG raped people for ammo prices until I saw BP. They even had their long guns marked up quite a bit compared to DSG. I really do think you're paying for the experience. Haven't really asked about buying bulk ammo there but I think that's the only thing I would possibly get there that involves firearms.

I figure that BP on average is $100-150 higher on most handguns than FS or other good gun shop.

The experience you are paying for must be all that constant noise, fuddling the brain so that you can't think straight to question a price! [thinking] [wink]

Occasionally you can find a decently priced item at BP, but I was looking at 10/22s for an example and BP was $10 higher than Dick's.

Bulk Rem Golden Bullets are ~$5 higher than WM, but WM hasn't had any in a dog's age. I did spot a good supply of ammo at BP about 3 weeks ago.

I figure that BP on average is $100-150 higher on most handguns than FS or other good gun shop.

The experience you are paying for must be all that constant noise, fuddling the brain so that you can't think straight to question a price! [thinking] [wink]

Occasionally you can find a decently priced item at BP, but I was looking at 10/22s for an example and BP was $10 higher than Dick's.

Bulk Rem Golden Bullets are ~$5 higher than WM, but WM hasn't had any in a dog's age. I did spot a good supply of ammo at BP about 3 weeks ago.

FS does not have a SW 41 in stock. He wants $300 more than BP.
9mm boxes at BP are a really good price. The 45 price is horrible. No one should ever should Golden Bullets. Why look at them? I can buy Aguila for the same price via mail order.

Bill

No one should ever should Golden Bullets. Why look at them? I can buy Aguila for the same price via mail order.

Obviously you don't have a AA conversion kit. Factory advice is to ONLY use Mini-Mags or Golden Bullets . . . both run flawlessly whereas other brands do NOT. Also, the conversion kits require HV ammo to function properly and the clad bullets don't lead up the barrel either.

So, I use Rem Golden Bullets in our two conversion kits plus the 10/22 as they are cheap and function perfectly. YMMV (and on .22s it usually does).

A few weeks ago I was in BP and noticed they had no AR-15's and when I asked about them I was told they don't sell "tactical weapons". Do they sell them at other BP shops or is this a storewide policy?

I guess it depends on what your looking for. I got a good deal on a .357 Vaquero in gloss stainless about 6 months ago. Came to around $10.00 more than what Four Seasons was asking. Both close to $170 less than MSP.

Obviously you don't have a AA conversion kit. Factory advice is to ONLY use Mini-Mags or Golden Bullets . . . both run flawlessly whereas other brands do NOT. Also, the conversion kits require HV ammo to function properly and the clad bullets don't lead up the barrel either.

So, I use Rem Golden Bullets in our two conversion kits plus the 10/22 as they are cheap and function perfectly. YMMV (and on .22s it usually does).

Whereas most 22 handguns are for SV or below. The 41 requires subsonic supposedly. No one at my club would dare put GB into a Ruger MKIII.

bill

Back
Top Bottom