Bass Pro Shop in Framingham

Does anyone know if it is a real Bass Pro Shop or not? Framingham is not liseted on the Bass Pro Shop website, but it is in the Yahoo yellow pages. Has anyone been to the Framingham store? Do they have for pistols and reloading gear?

Thanks,
Jungle

That map location is the site of a moderate sized industrial park with all sorts of businesses in there (Mark's Moving Co - I've "served" them there, Graingers, etc.). It's large enough for a Bass Pro shop, but a horrible place to get in and out of traffic-wise . . . it's on a blind curve with only one lane in either direction. The impact on traffic in that area would be horrendous.

I wonder if they don't have a warehouse located in that industrial park??

I've driven by there any number of times, and don't remember it. I'll be driving by there on my way to BJ's in the next couple of hours. I'll make a mental note to keep an eye peeled for it. Considering how anti-gun Framingham's chief is, I'd be surprised if they had a gun counter even if they were there.

Not to throw this thread off but I am...
Len mentioned a Grainger's in his post. I have heard they don't sell to people off the street. Is this true?

... Considering how anti-gun Framingham's chief is, I'd be surprised if they had a gun counter even if they were there.

Where the heck did this comment come from? Chief Carl has a fairly liberal firearms licensing policy.

Have you applied lately, or is this second-hand, unreliable info?

(Apologies for the off-topic remark, but I felt I had to set this right.)

Not to throw this thread off but I am...
Len mentioned a Grainger's in his post. I have heard they don't sell to people off the street. Is this true?

Then why didn't you just send me an Email and ask? [devil]

That used to be true many years ago. Now they will sell to anyone that's willing to pay. I've had a trade account with them for ~40 years off and on and tradespeople don't get any better pricing than "street people". Their prices aren't usually great, but they usually have what you need when you are in a pinch.

Where the heck did this comment come from? Chief Carl has a fairly liberal firearms licensing policy.

Have you applied lately, or is this second-hand, unreliable info?

(Apologies for the off-topic remark, but I felt I had to set this right.)

My intel must be a little too old. I live two towns over.

I did make it a point to drive that block of Concord St. last night and have to say, If it is there, I didn't see it.
BTW: I thought Grainger was south of town on Blandin Ave, next door to Grossman's Bargain outlet.

John.

Grainger is over by the Grossman's Bargain outlet off of 135 and near Dennison. They are b2b and won't sell to a regular person off the street. If you know someone with an account there they will allow you to make a cash transaction if you drop the account holder's name. (That's what I was told when they refused me off the street).

I highly doubt the other location has a Bass Pro. I haven't been over there recently to confirm, but that area is already pretty loaded.

Well, that will give you some idea how long ago I made a purchase at Graingers (when they were in that industrial park on 126). [wink]

Graingers gave me a very different impression when they joined a local Chamber of Commerce in Norwood and made a carte blanche effort to get everyone to do business there.

My current account with them (they deactivate old accounts if they are dormant for a long time) uses my business name but I didn't bother to file a Sales Tax Certificate with them because nothing that I'd buy there any more would be for resale. I just pay with a credit card each time (rare) that I buy from them.

To those interested, I'd just try to create an online account with them and purchase whatever by cc payment. Bet they take the money!!

The Industrial buildings at the corner of old Connecticut path and Concord St. were replaced a couple of years ago. It is now a strip mall with a super Stop & Shop and a BJ's Wholesale Club.

There is (or at least was) an Orvis shop sharing the building with Whole Foods on Rte. 9 where the Fruit Peddler used to be.

Actually, that map location is farther toward Rte. 9 than the industrial park area w/ Mark's moving. It appears to be in where the Pepperidge Farms outlet, the telephone workers' credit union, and Hilton Photography are (then down the hill behind them, ON Old Connecticut Path it the BJs and Stop and Shop....

Way too small an area to fit a Bass Pro Shop, even a little tight for my box truck....

Grainger uses a sliding discount scale. The greater volume you buy over the course of a year, the larger the discount is for the following year.

Our firm purchases from several locations, I don't believe any of these will allow walk in purchases from non-established customers. They even call us when our technicians are trying to buy personal tools because they wont sell directly to them.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom