Bass Pro On Fire

@bankjob...

Thanks for the neg rep... A rough count shows about 10:1 against the "burn baby burn" comment, just FYI...

I hope wherever you work never suffers a similar fate and people rejoice because they had a bad day there...

Just for the record, I havent given anyone a negative rep, you may want to check the source again. I not only support the second amendment but the first as well.

?????

Did 20 yrs on a full time FD and never been to one "spontaneous mulch fire". [hmmm]

Happened twice at my old job.

And cigarette butt mulch fires every now and then, also. After the first few butt-fires we (the smoking crew) were extremely careful about policing our butts.... but the mulch would spontaneously combust with or without our help.

Mulch is so damn combustible it amazes me how prolific its use is around buildings. Huge fire hazard.

I just got a neg rep point JUST because I left a Neg Rep and no other reason....(not from the guy I neg rep'ed)

Not that I care about the point, but some people, well you know!

Happened twice at my old job.

And cigarette butt mulch fires every now and then, also. After the first few butt-fires we (the smoking crew) were extremely careful about policing our butts.... but the mulch would spontaneously combust with or without our help.

Mulch is so damn combustible it amazes me how prolific its use is around buildings. Huge fire hazard.

And since I heard of this, the scanner.patriotledger.com has been reporting MANY similar fires all over the South Shore/South Coast area.

When I bought my house (very long time ago) I did like most and went out and bought lots of the stuff and put it up against the foundation, around every tree, etc. My Wife commented a couple days ago when we walked by a house with fresh mulch everywhere against the house . . . she liked how it looked (yes, it looks nice). NEVER again! It also tends to bring termites and carpenter ants close to your house as well.

Had one happens to me at Wal-Mart. The guy I was riding with took the extinguisher from the trunk and snuffed it out.

I think I heard something similar on the scanner in your area a day or two ago.

I just got a neg rep point JUST because I left a Neg Rep and no other reason....(not from the guy I neg rep'ed)

Not that I care about the point, but some people, well you know!

Yes, that is one of the problems. Even if you neg rep someone who really deserves it, they or friends may take retribution and neg rep you back, sometimes over and over again. Happened to me once and I don't think I've neg rep'd more than 3 or 4 times in the 7 years here because of it. Almost always I just let it pass and move on rather than neg rep someone.

Maybe a cigarette butt, patriot place is supposed to go smoke free soon isnt it [laugh]
Actually fun fact... Mulch can and will combust on its own. My current place of employment had issues in June with mulch smoking and igniting all around the building. Need a sunny and dry day with some wind to ignite. As mulch decomposes it heats up, so when the equation is right... Poof! Was probably burning for an hour or more before it came serious.

Probably should have kept reading :-(. A landscaper told me its more common when mulch is applied to thick... So if you are laying new mulch down, remove the old

I've been to 2 random mulch fires in empty corners of parking lots. I initially thought some cigarette butts blew across the lot, but we finally determined it was a Glock that started the fire. They caused all of the mulch fires.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

I've been to 2 random mulch fires in empty corners of parking lots. I initially thought some cigarette butts blew across the lot, but we finally determined it was a Glock that started the fire. They caused all of the mulch fires.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

Was there an explosion as well? If so, definately a Glock .40...

NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was supposed to go there this weekend, watch spiderman and then buy gunpowder and accessories :/

ETA: oh wait... this is old news... open for business? sweet!

Last edited:
Mulch fires seem to be a pretty big problem this year, I've hardly ever heard of one before this year.
It's not just mulch either, now it's potting soil [shocked]

Potting soil ignited, caused porch fire

Millions of bags of it are sold at home and garden stores nationwide, but firefighters said a porch fire was sparked by a common household product: potting soil.

Firefighters said a fire on Washington Avenue in Wheeling last month started because a potted plant became too hot, and the blaze caused much damage to the house's porch.

Though it is rare for potting soil to catch fire, officials said it can ignite with the right combination of high humidity, extreme heat and dry soil.

Full Story >>> http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/officials-potting-soil-ignited-caused-porch-fire/nPsSr/

I heard Plymouth Fire sent to a mulch fire yesterday afternoon. It's not like it's super hot this summer, but it seems like there are more of them. Maybe it's because more people are using mulch or something. Personally, I blame Global Warming and George Bush, and I think Cheney had something to do with it too.

I heard Plymouth Fire sent to a mulch fire yesterday afternoon. It's not like it's super hot this summer, but it seems like there are more of them. Maybe it's because more people are using mulch or something. Personally, I blame Global Warming and George Bush, and I think Cheney had something to do with it too.

Yeah, apparently Charlie Sheen has agreed to narrate a documentary claiming it possibly couldn't have been spontaneous combustion.

Back
Top Bottom