Basic pistol cource for MA licence

groundscrapers

NES Member
I am hoping I can find a class for my buddy in W.Mass who is in the Air Force out of Westover AFB. The reason I am asking around is because he will typically get last minute orders and will have to fly to a base somewhere else in the world and this may cause him to miss his class. I am hoping there is some group out there that is somewhat understanding of this situation and would allow him to reschedule his class.

The GOAL newsletter that I was reading just today lists a whole bunch of people who run this basic course on a need basis. That might cost a little more but might be just what your friend needs. I used one listed there for my Utah course. PM me if you need his name/details.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I offer the class every Thurs eve. and Sat morn in Foxboro and can change is registration if needed. MassCarry.com

I am hoping I can find a class for my buddy in W.Mass who is in the Air Force out of Westover AFB. The reason I am asking around is because he will typically get last minute orders and will have to fly to a base somewhere else in the world and this may cause him to miss his class. I am hoping there is some group out there that is somewhat understanding of this situation and would allow him to reschedule his class.

I am also looking for a course for a reservist at Barnes. He is a Ct resident, so I am not sure is a Mass Course would work or not. Would a MA cert work for CT??

I am also looking for a course for a reservist at Barnes. He is a Ct resident, so I am not sure is a Mass Course would work or not. Would a MA cert work for CT??

I believe it is for Basic PIstol (as opposed to BAsic Firearm Safety) it will, but hopefully someone can chime in....

Holyoke Revolver Club (www.holyokerevolverclub.com) offers NRA Basic Pistol/MA State Police certified course once a month. Very accommodating to students with last-minute scheduling conflicts, typically rescheduling at no extra charge. Course includes indoor range session firing .22 pistols, plus the opportunity to try several centerfire models. It's a full Saturday in a clean, modern facility with everything, including lunch, provided.

Last edited:
CT requires a class that fires firearms so the MA popular Home Firearm Safety Class won't satisfy CT. If you find a NRA Basic Handgun class I believe that you can take it anywhere.

The NRA Basic Pistol class will work for CT. I don't think it matters that you take it in MA as long as its the NRA certified course.

S&W's course was good. No BS and they were friendly. If you take the course there you also get to use the model 41 .22's which are sweet guns.

Have him send a PM to MadRussian, he is a good friend of mine and teaches the classes at my place in Amherst on occasion and goes to school out here. He can be pretty flexible. I've got a few months until my instructor cert goes through otherwise I'd help him out.

ETA: Sorry didn't mean to steal your thunder Rob

Mike

Back
Top Bottom