• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baofeng Radio Bible

Thanks, bought both.
Although I've got many years' experience in radio, a good book is always a welcome addition. I may never use it, but if it helps another understand things, it's money well spent.

EDIT: I received and read both the "Baofeng Bible" and the "Guerrillas Guide To The Baofeng Radio" cover to cover. The Baofeng Bible really wasn't worth the price in my opinion. There is no information on manually programming a Baofeng radio other than general references to certain functions. More and better information is available on youtube.

The Guerillas Guide at least goes through the menu numbers with some settings and has various other information about sending messages over the air and encrypting/decrypting messages and setting up comms structures for different needs.

I'll probably never open either one of them again and most likely give them to a friend who has no familiarity with comms.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom