• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone here use ALE on amateur radio?

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
The first thing I'd ask is who is using it? I've heard of it as far as to be aware of its existence, but that's about it.

I believe ALE hops bands as well as frequencies within bands. You'll need an antenna that is resonant on all of the bands/frequencies.

The first thing I'd ask is who is using it? I've heard of it as far as to be aware of its existence, but that's about it.

I believe ALE hops bands as well as frequencies within bands. You'll need an antenna that is resonant on all of the bands/frequencies.
You're asking the same questions I have. I was wondering if anyone here used it so I could pick their brain. I do have a "resonant" antenna on most bands, ie., an OCFD (80-10) but not sure if that's resonant enough. Also, the little bit I've read on it, you need a frequency agile transceiver with diode band switching (as opposed to relay), which my TS-590SG has. I also think you can hop within just one band but not sure about that. I'll have to do some more digging on this.

Back
Top Bottom