• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ban on guns in post offices is unconstitutional...

Why does everyone seem to hate the post office? I don't mind it unless there's a long line.

I dont mind it if there isnt a line. If there is, the counter worker seems to strike up a personal conversation with each and every person who steps up to the counter. I think they do this on purpose if there is a long line.

Other than that, they all seem to be nice people doing a shitty job.

Why does everyone seem to hate the post office? I don't mind it unless there's a long line.
Honestly its a pain in the ass that's why like can i just email you or text you
Who? Never knew this was a thing
Be glad lol

I remember stories from when i was a kid

They'll throw 5 bucks on the floor and arrest you on the spot for mail theft

They have their own walkways in any large post office with peep slits they use to monitor people from above the floor and the walls

One guy was bragging about how he put a guy in jail the weekend of his daughter's wedding because that guy would peep through a playboy when they got released.

I'm not saying they all suck... but if one of them isn't a dick head...i never met him

Maybe because most of the counter people seem like miserable human beings? I said most not all. Could be the low pay or is it that the customers actually expect them to deliver customer service?

I f***ing dread going to the PO to ship anything

I have a ton of things I’d love to sell. But each would require a visit.

This is not even a can’t carry rant.

And I’m now wondering why my by 9:00 am mail delivery is now a 3:30-4:30 delivery?
My post office is amazing. Excellent service, friendly people. I enjoy going there to pick up my mail.

These bans in "sensitive" places are just another in a long series of "sensible" laws and "rules" that the Left is trying as an end around to enact more and more gun bans.

Inch by inch.

I f***ing dread going to the PO to ship anything

I have a ton of things I’d love to sell. But each would require a visit.

This is not even a can’t carry rant.

And I’m now wondering why my by 9:00 am mail delivery is now a 3:30-4:30 delivery?
Sell on fleebay and include all required shipping information. Pay for postage via fleebay, print shipping label, stick on package, put package on mailbox outside your house, lift outgoing mail handle and go about your daily routine. The packages magically disappear, hopefully by a postal worker. Ya, ya fleebay sucks and the fees are ridiculous and try tell the government what you make but who cares, the government already knows, but your chit is gone and you have some money to buy more chit.

PO sucks. The whole postal service sucks. My lawyer mailed some papers from Chelmsford to my son in Dorchester. It took 17 days for them to get there.
I think all mail from around here needs to go through a central processing center. So even if a letter is crossing the street it needs to go out, get processed and back in again. However, 17 days is crazy. I bought a gun in Merrimack NH once and it took 8 days to get to the post office in Littleton MA. It actually when to Springfield and back to Nashua, then somewhere else in MA, they finally to Littleton.

Nothing like being a taxpayer and being restricted for something we didn't do, at a place we paid for.
All the while paying for our own rights to be stripped away from us..

(3)
the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.
Unfortunately, I do not remember the case name but this was tested.

At one time, even the Glidden tome interpreted that as saying concealed carry was legal because of that clause.

BUT....

There was a federal court case where this was tested. The court ruled that the law does not mean what it says, and applies only to things like hunters walking on postal land while engaged in that activity. It stated that if "lawful purpose" included carry, it would render the law meaningless and that was "obviously" not the intent of the ban.

Who? Never knew this was a thing
It is called the "US Postal Inspection Service" and is one reason some charity scams go to lengths to avoid conducting any part of the scam by mail. They have full federal status and can carry on commercial aircraft. Even the FBI does not have the power to print a vehicle number on it's cars instead of a license plate.

People go to the PO?

Do you people work? When do you find time to go?
Yes, people do work. And because they work they need to go to the PO to use their PO box for business.

Medway has problem now though, with that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPzNdcJPLL4

My expectation is that they're trying to knock these sites down, but it's probably become a game of Whack-A-Mole.

Now, TBH, I doubt that many of these fake stamps are caught when people use them. They look pretty damn good, and a fast scan during processing likely wouldn't get them, in the postal equivalent of "concealed means concealed".

My PO has a big sign on the door letting the serfs know it extra special punishable to carry a firearm around the King's men.
no signs on the outside of any of my local POs, i'll have to check inside out of curiosity next time i go...

concealed means concealed....

Never knew there was a ban on regular folk. Thought it was for employees only..
I walked in to a PO with a revolver on my hip in some Podunk PO in Montana 20 years ago (not thinking, hunting) and they fuc£ing lost their minds.

Back
Top Bottom