Bad NYC cop bullets?

Probably an NES member heard about NYPD cops having trouble shooting at and missing the bad guys so he sent down some of his USPSA reloads. They barely make power factor but are wicked accurate.

I have to dig my carhartt jacket out. I'm head to NYC next month. Will I look suspicious if I'm wearing a heavy black winter coat there in the middle of June?

NYPD uses, or used, Speer GD 124 +p....a proven round for sure. A bad batch maybe?

Damn. That is what I use in most of my pistols too. Never had to use one in self defense, but it has sure done a number on various discount produce over the years.

Damn. That is what I use in most of my pistols too. Never had to use one in self defense, but it has sure done a number on various discount produce over the years.
Probably a good opportunity for Hornady to get the next contract with their barrier blind critical duty rounds. GD's probably mushroomed in the coat.

Bad batch of ammo. Sounds like a light powder charge to me, the bullet it self is expanding on contact with the cloth of the jacket.

Last edited:
That seem more plausible than a denim jacket stopping a 9mm cold.

Hey now, that's "cotton duck" to us "Cartards" ya know. :)

More seriously, I wonder if the fire retardant variants have enough Aramid or the like fiber to have messed with the hp expansion.

Hey now, that's "cotton duck" to us "Cartards" ya know. :)

More seriously, I wonder if the fire retardant variants have enough Aramid or the like fiber to have messed with the hp expansion.
You might be on to something. The 40 cal lined Carhart jackets will buckle your knees from the weight. Might be a little expensive for your average street sh@*bag though. Surprised there isn't a Kevlar for Cons initaitive run by DeBlasio since he hates the police so much.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

They are pretty lucky, had they been using Fotay, the rounds would have bounced off and killed 8 innocent people and 3 dogs.

NYPD hasn't learned yet if you snap your wrist forward in a throwing motion while shooting the rounds go a little faster....then they would have penetrated the jacket. That's also how you curve a bullet.

Someone watch desparado last night?

STB410 just did a video on this. I agree either ricochets or maybe just caught on other side.

[video]https://www.full30.com/video/0a8d2c199825b98f6fb4052c7a37acb4[/video]

or if you want Youtube.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom