Back in black.

Finally got around to taking a few pics.

Borrowed the GFs digital camera (that I bought her for Christmas a couple of years ago... have to get my own one of these days [smile]).

It doesn't take the greatest indoor pictures, but the outdoor pictures come out pretty damn good. If the weather turns out for the best in the next few days or week, I'll have to retake the pics and repost them.

br6.JPG

Left to right...

Home build RRA M4gery
(pinned stock and 14.5" barrel with pinned and silver soldered Yankee Hill Machine muzzle brake).

RRA NM with flat-top upper.

Home build RRA 16" barrel with pinned and silver soldered Yankee Hill Machine muzzle brake and ACE skeleton stock.

Home build Romanian "G" AKM.

Home build Polish PKMKS underfolder (pinned)

Bulgarian Arsenal/Gordon Technologies SLR-100h

Unissued Yugo 59/66 SKS

Front...

Ruger 10/22 with all the fixings.

Remington 770pps (.308)

br5.JPG

br3.JPG

I think the Massachusetts Democratic gun grabbing groups just collectively shit thier pants.[laugh]

I can compete with 3 of those with what I have and thats about it.
I also think all of those need to find their way to the next NES shoot. I will bring plenty of ammo to feed them. [smile]

Nice, but... I just like the look of wood-stocked guns. Guess I'm a hopeless romantic. I can appreciate the weather-resistant qualities of the polymers but for sheer beauty? Give me some nice walnut or curly maple on my shootin' irons any day.

Yeah, I know that most of my hanguns are sportin' Hogue rubber grips, but that's a shooting thing; those grips fit my hand better. None of my long arms yet have polymer.

Nice, but... I just like the look of wood-stocked guns. Guess I'm a hopeless romantic. I can appreciate the weather-resistant qualities of the polymers but for sheer beauty? Give me some nice walnut or curly maple on my shootin' irons any day.

Yeah, I know that most of my hanguns are sportin' Hogue rubber grips, but that's a shooting thing; those grips fit my hand better. None of my long arms yet have polymer.

Same here, but I'm also a firm believer in diversity.

When I bought the Bulgarian AK, I almost decided to swap out the polymer furniture for a laminated wood set. But, then in true gun-nut fashion, I ended up adding two more AKs with wood furniture (why buy a set of handguards and buttstock when you can get another AK to go with them? [smile] )

I'm just getting around to building my collection in the other direction (I have my CMP M1 Garand on order).

Hopefully, by the end of the year I should be able to round out my collection with a few more milsurps.

hows that underfolder stock feel to shoot? i want a preban underfolder i nthe worst way...just dunno how the stock would feel to shoulder

are all the ak's 7.62x39???

hows that underfolder stock feel to shoot? i want a preban underfolder i nthe worst way...just dunno how the stock would feel to shoulder

ive shot several underfolder aks, and i have no problems with the stock at all. it might get uncomfortable after long periods of shooting, but ive never had a problem with it.

you might want to give one a try before buying it in case it does bother you.

It's not as comfortable to shoot as a non-folder... you can't get a good cheek weld on it and it's about an inch longer than a standard AK stock. I think it'll
take some getting used to... especially for someone who's used to traditional buttstocks. I've only put 30 rounds through it so far (as a test run for any problems/fit/function before applying the final finish).

Yep.

Back
Top Bottom