• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

B-Square Mounts?

chrbla2000

NES Member
I have a Ruger Mark II Government Target that is not drilled and tapped for a scope mount. I'd like to keep it as original as possible, or at least only make mods that can be reversed, so I don't want to drill and tap it. I tried mounting a weaver style rail that fit over a post installed in the rear site dovetail, but it covered the mainspring and forced me to remove the scope and mount each time I wanted to disassemble the pistol. I've since removed that and put a Volquartsen rear site in, but I'm getting the itch to my mount my red dot again...

Sorry for the long way around the barn, but do any of you have experience with B-Square mounts on Ruger Mark II's and if so, what's your feedback?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/8-BSQ-42878

Thanks,

-chris

I have one on my Mark II, since I didn't have the tapping's as well, and wanted to use the mark II for .22 bullseye. it adds some weight, but works well, if you don't want to go the drill/tap method.

Thanks Koma, are you able to disassemble the pistol for cleaning without removing the mount and scope? I don't like the thought of having to re-zero after each field strip.

-chris

Yes, but it's a mark II, I usually don't strip it till it's really dirty or starts to malfunction. [smile]

Wipe it down and bore snake usually

Back
Top Bottom