AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

Jose, you had a good run here but it seems most have forgotten you.

Not me. His death and his family's suffering is never forgotten. It's still on my "top 10 list of things that cause me to see the "red curtain of blood".

-Mike

It isn't that he's forgotten, sadly, it's just that there are many more newer victims.

Well, that, but it is undeniable that if someone's a veteran, hard working, mostly lives a clean life.. and perhaps their skin isn't QUITE dark enough- whenever someone like that gets abused/killed by the authorities, nobody gives a shit. Even the media coverage of this whole thing was weak, the only ones who bothered to spend much time on it were local stations.

-Mike

Well, that, but it is undeniable that if someone's a veteran, hard working, mostly lives a clean life.. and perhaps their skin isn't QUITE dark enough- whenever someone like that gets abused/killed by the authorities, nobody gives a shit. Even the media coverage of this whole thing was weak, the only ones who bothered to spend much time on it were local stations.

-Mike

And a bunch of NRA baby killing monsters up in New England.

Not me. His death and his family's suffering is never forgotten. It's still on my "top 10 list of things that cause me to see the "red curtain of blood".

-Mike

Same, right next to the ****ers who threw the flash bang in that baby's crib down in Georgia during a drug raid. [angry]

Same, right next to the ****ers who threw the flash bang in that baby's crib down in Georgia during a drug raid. [angry]

Yep. In both cases, they had the wrong house, to the extent no probable cause existed.

I just re-read the affidavit for the search warrant. It's complete garbage. For one, it includes 4 houses and 11 vehicles. They all just basically got grouped in together. Secondly, I saw nothing at all show anything close to probable cause. The warrant request was for money laundering and drug dealing yet all the people mentioned, when talked about their supposed criminal history, none had any drug convictions. Many had drug charges, but that's a sure convenient excuse lacking a conviction. But the crux of their position that these people were drug dealers and these houses and vehicles needed to be searched? Well some had been seen wearing nice clothes and some of the cars were expensive, and they don't all have jobs, so it much be drug money.

As it came to Jose, they had nothing. They talked about instances where other people he was with were arrested, but he wasn't. I wonder why that was? But nope, guilt by association.

It was basically a blanket warrant of over a dozen places. As flimsy as most of the places were, his house was the flimsiest.

But in the end, they got pats on the back. A SWAT team shooting at a guy 70+ times, that's just standard operation. Their actions were reasonable and justified.

But what do I know. I'm just a cop hater.

Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, and the names of SWAT on the raid shouldn’t be forgotten either. We can’t bring back Jose, but justice can still be exacted.

Back
Top Bottom