Awesome, Cheap, High Capacity Pistol Safe

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I was looking for a better place to store my pistols. I found one of these in an online ad for $20:

safe.jpg

All I had to do was pick it up. I did, and after making up some racks from dowels and some scrap wood, I now have a pistol safe that can hold about 100 handguns securely.

Being the industrious tinkerer I am and knowing what kind of pistols you have, I'd weld a heavy duty fender washer top and bottom and run a steel rod through the handles with holes drilled for padlocks.
Got the idea after seeing what a co-worker did to lock down an old 4 drawer tool box.

Sweet! I've been keeping an eye out for one of those.

Where did you find it? Is it just a combo locked filing cabinet, or is it one of the more rugged models with fire protection?

Sweet! I've been keeping an eye out for one of those.

Where did you find it? Is it just a combo locked filing cabinet, or is it one of the more rugged models with fire protection?

I found it on Craigs List a while ago, and just recently arranged pickup. It's one of the really heavy fire/security ones. The combo lock locks all the drawers.

Are you going to change your user name. I know that Sellers wasn't in The Friends of Eddie Coyle. <G>

Gary
No way. I've been using it online since about '97. I wanted to give Mitchum a rest and was inspired by KMaurer's General Jack D. Ripper avatar. I suppose I could switch to Peter Boyle but after him, there are really no recognizable people in The Friends of Eddie Coyle - unless you consider Don Stroud and the guy that played Mo Green in The Godfather recognizable.

No way. I've been using it online since about '97. I wanted to give Mitchum a rest and was inspired by KMaurer's General Jack D. Ripper avatar. I suppose I could switch to Peter Boyle but after him, there are really no recognizable people in The Friends of Eddie Coyle - unless you consider Don Stroud and the guy that played Mo Green in The Godfather recognizable.

Nah, it would come down to Boyle or Mitchum. The other guys never really did much. I don't think the movie did all that much either, sort of a cult classic, if you will. OTOH, I was a big fan of Higgin's writing and was saddened when he died way too young.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom