SKS Ray

NES Member
How can I get an image I have sized for an avatar? I use Photobucket so hosting an image is no problem, but using their size setings I couldn't get a custom avatar to show up. I'm guessing the size was either too big or too small, and it seems this forum doesn't use an automatic re-sizing option. I'd like to use one of the close up shots I have of a rifle or ammo instead of Marvin the Martian. :?

I use Paint Shop Pro to resize images. If you want to send me the image I'll resize it Avatar size and send it back to you. PM me to work out the details.

Gary

I just deleted my avatar by accident to change it, and now I can't figure out how to put one in there?
I can't get any options....the button next to "do not use an avatar" won't turn off.

anyone?

Daisy,
Subject to Derek's correction if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that Avatars are only allowed for paying members. When Derek copied the database over, I believe that everyone (even non-paying members) who had an Avatar was setup with one. But once it's gone, it's gone.

We're ALL new here, so this is just my understanding from what Derek has previously posted.

LenS said:
Daisy,
Subject to Derek's correction if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that Avatars are only allowed for paying members. When Derek copied the database over, I believe that everyone (even non-paying members) who had an Avatar was setup with one. But once it's gone, it's gone.

We're ALL new here, so this is just my understanding from what Derek has previously posted.

That is correct. If you had one on the previous board and it was hosted somewhere else the path of the avatar came over with your profile. As soon as you try to edit it you lose the path and the option to set one until you join.

derek said:
That is correct. If you had one on the previous board and it was hosted somewhere else the path of the avatar came over with your profile. As soon as you try to edit it you lose the path and the option to set one until you join.

Ah. Got it. That's kind of what I thought, but wanted to verify.

So, I played around with it, and lost it.

oh well.

daisywench said:
Ah. Got it. That's kind of what I thought, but wanted to verify.

So, I played around with it, and lost it.

oh well.

I wish I had know that was going to happen I would have warned everyone. I didn't know until it happened to you. [thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
reinbeau said:
Oh, pony up the $19 and join....it's worth it to support a great forum!

What? Is that true? When did that come up? I must have missed more than I think.

Coyote33 said:
What? Is that true? When did that come up? I must have missed more than I think.
It started Sunday with the upgrade. There's a post at the top of the main forum page, titled "Memberships".

Back
Top Bottom