Registered User can't post Avatars?

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
I noticed today that there are several Registered Users who post Avatars, though they are not listed as NES Member.

Not to embarass them, I won't list the 3 or more names I see here today, but I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong again. I can be a clutz with these settings. I know...RTFB!

Can I post an Avatar as a registered user, even if I am not a dues paying NES Member?

I looked over the User CP and FAQ's and profile options, and I can't disable the "don't show avatars button".

Last edited:
Before paid memberships, all users were able to have an avatar. Avatars are now a benefit of membership. Those that you see on nonmembers posts are leftovers.

BTW, if those "Registered Users" with Avatars go in and try to edit their Avatar, it goes "poof" and is not retrievable. [Someone did this, that's how we found out.]

Thanks guys.

Cross X, as soon as I pay my Goal Dues, NRA EPL, NRA/ILA pledge, GOA dues, DAV dues, gun club dues, BJ's card, Sporting License, Permit fees, guns, ammo, food and a wife...I sometimes find it hard to find another annual $20, even when I think it is a good idea.

One day soon I'll join, but after the holidays and tax time, because I love the site, and I'd like to support it.

Back
Top Bottom