Attention Mass Shooters

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
We need all Mass shooters to call thier State Senator asap for a yes vote on H4552 the "Target Gun Bill" we are getting set for the final vote and need some support. The Anti's are trying an end run to block the bill on the final reading. This is not just "olympic" try guns any quality competition gun, 1911's would be effected. Single action cowboy guns too.. Jim Wallace at GOAL need some support. A list of your senators 3 is avaible on this forum. PLEASE spread the word to any and all of your friends. Wouldn't it be nice to get something back? Greg Derr

I've contacted both my Senator and the Senate President.

I hope that it's moving...it really seemed like it stalled there. They've been saying that it's up for the third reading for sometime. I really hope that it's getting ready to move forward again.

As of this afternoon (5/4), Sen. Scott Brown's office reported that Brown was dealing with "the powers that be" (his staffer's phrase) to get the bill out of committee.

Note that the staffer claimed NOT to have heard that the AG was behind the obstruction; I have heard that is the source of most opposition to this bill. As the bill would seem to negate the AG's power to accept or ignore manufacturer's certifications of competition guns, this theory strikes me as plausible.

Scrivener said:
As of this afternoon (5/4), Sen. Scott Brown's office reported that Brown was dealing with "the powers that be" (his staffer's phrase) to get the bill out of committee.

Note that the staffer claimed NOT to have heard that the AG was behind the obstruction; I have heard that is the source of most opposition to this bill. As the bill would seem to negate the AG's power to accept or ignore manufacturer's certifications of competition guns, this theory strikes me as plausible.

SIGH...

Just spoke with Sen. Jack Hart's staffer about this. The Senator (his staffer) had not heard of this bill or had any particular position on it. Asked him to try to get it to vote and vote for it. Also, asked him to contact me if the bill was being held up for any particular reason. I will try to call back in a week to see if there's any new news.

C-pher said:
Forgive me for my ignorance.

But when you say out of committee, do you mean up for vote? Or, he's trying to get this off the docket or what have you so it will die?

You DO realize you are not playing to my strength, don't you? [wink]

Anyhow, "out of committee" does indeed mean out onto the floor for a vote. Oh - dockets are court schedules.

Scrivener said:
You DO realize you are not playing to my strength, don't you? [wink]

Anyhow, "out of committee" does indeed mean out onto the floor for a vote. Oh - dockets are court schedules.

Oh yea, I knew that was a loaded question when I was typing it out. [grin]

Thanks for the info. I was about to get worried because I've been writing back and forth with Sen. Brown and I thought that he was for it.

And I knew that thats what dockets were, I just didn't know what they called the schedule of readings and bills on the senate floor. So it seemed like a fitting term.

So thank you for the response.

Back
Top Bottom