• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF stats show significant increase in number of firearms it's tracing, especially locally

Except that none of it is true in any way.
It's just some ragtime from a "Free Legal Forms" web site.
P. S. To be fair, I've never had the firm belief that
so many such sites looking like that existed before today,
and never browsed for them - let alone tried one for any purpose.
I reached the conclusion that they're cloned craptasticness on the fly;
it's not some Olde Intarweb Knowledge that I brought to the table.

Dayam. I don't know if that is better or worse!
I vote for "worse".

Oh, although I was primed with the knowledge and resentment
that some clown (in Germany) hoovered up the content of qrz.com
and published it as "qrzcq.com".

So I did know that clone sites love to steal from each other.

After living in Connecticut, I was shocked to find out that no paperwork is required for a private party firearm sale in Georgia. I mean that absolutely and literally, "no paperwork". It's not required by the state, and there's no federal law requiring it.

There’s no paperwork required in Kentucky either…..or many other states. Cash and carry…….the way it should be everywhere.

I vote for "worse".

Oh, although I was primed with the knowledge and resentment
that some clown (in Germany) hoovered up the content of qrz.com
and published it as "qrzcq.com".

So I did know that clone sites love to steal from each other.
It’s long been a standard that: "It’s fair to steal anything not nailed down, and pry up anything not nailed down tight enough."

It’s long been a standard that: "It’s fair to steal anything not nailed down, and pry up anything not nailed down tight enough."
If Google had a speck of morality, they'd refuse to yield
bogus sites built on stolen intellectual property
in search engine requests.

But we don't need to worry about that.

it means federalization of firearms licensing, with a single global repo for all the firearms data. not just searchability.
can they really do it bypassing congress and any legislation?
Yes, they share the information with interpol and then ask interpol to query the database as necessary.

As stated, in NH - paperwork, nope. But some people do - had a guy once who put my name on a bill of sale I had to sign, it also said I acknowledged I was not prohibited from owning a gun.

He had been tracked down once with a handgun used in a robbery that he had
originally bought - he wasn't charged, didn't even sell it to the person who actually committed the crime, but understandably takes a cya approach.

To me that's fair - a little documentation held privately among private citizens. I might ask for the same. Some people want a double verification you are a resident, ie to see drivers license and a bill to a nh address. As private citizens we can make our own rules. I don't sell my guns often but I require seeing something similar you already own, basically because for me it's piece of mind that this isn't your first gun bought hastily to do something bad with - I figure if a guy already has a shotgun and he was fixing to shoot his wife he would have already done so.

As stated, in NH - paperwork, nope. But some people do - had a guy once who put my name on a bill of sale I had to sign, it also said I acknowledged I was not prohibited from owning a gun.

He had been tracked down once with a handgun used in a robbery that he had
originally bought - he wasn't charged, didn't even sell it to the person who actually committed the crime, but understandably takes a cya approach.

To me that's fair - a little documentation held privately among private citizens. I might ask for the same. Some people want a double verification you are a resident, ie to see drivers license and a bill to a nh address. As private citizens we can make our own rules. I don't sell my guns often but I require seeing something similar you already own, basically because for me it's piece of mind that this isn't your first gun bought hastily to do something bad with - I figure if a guy already has a shotgun and he was fixing to shoot his wife he would have already done so.
In ancient times, I used to go the "nothing needed" route (except visually verifying the state of residence on ID). After a little chat from some friendly Feds as to a gun that turned up where it didn't belong, I've become much more careful. Also, took a course on NH firearms laws taught by super-pro-gun attorney Sean List. He highly suggested checking ID, proof of clean background (i.e. resident pistol/revolver license) and bill-of-sale.

Some inneresting stuff in the last two posts.

Our club doesn't require applicants have an LTC,
but folks' ability to flash one at the membership secretary
is regarded as substantial proof that at least they're not criminals.
This is a "vetting membership" thing, not a gun sale thing;
jus' sayin'.

In ancient times, I used to go the "nothing needed" route (except visually verifying the state of residence on ID). After a little chat from some friendly Feds as to a gun that turned up where it didn't belong, I've become much more careful. Also, took a course on NH firearms laws taught by super-pro-gun attorney Sean List. He highly suggested checking ID, proof of clean background (i.e. resident pistol/revolver license) and bill-of-sale.

What was the rationale on needing the P&R for say a rifle/shotgun ? Honest question, just wondering if anyone has ever been persecuted in an honest private sale (versus a straw purchase, totally different scenario of course).

Haha I do feel a little bad for those folks who can't find better jobs but at the same time, I think it's great (and phucking hilarious) that it works this way. Storing boxes of paper records in shipping containers outside so the floor doesn't collapse in the building :).. Really the government ought to resign themselves to the facts this is all a total waste of time, stop the useless tracing and data retention.

I see I missed a course from Sean List in April - if that was given again, I’d sure like to attend.

After living in Connecticut, I was shocked to find out that no paperwork is required for a private party firearm sale in Georgia. I mean that absolutely and literally, "no paperwork". It's not required by the state, and there's no federal law requiring it.
Good to know

Back
Top Bottom