• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF eForm 2 Wait Time

Hello, how long does it usually take for approval for ATF eForm 2 for manufacturing firearm? Thanks

You mean Form 1? I thought Form 2 was just a notice. Form 1’s are all over the place. My recent one was 35 days but I’ve talked to many others who have been waiting much longer. Like 6 months. Makes no sense.

You mean Form 1? I thought Form 2 was just a notice. Form 1’s are all over the place. My recent one was 35 days but I’ve talked to many others who have been waiting much longer. Like 6 months. Makes no sense.
Ik Form 1 wait times can be unpredictable. And no I meant Form 2 since I’m an 07/02, you give them notice and It takes some time after before approval, sometimes as soon as 2 days but was just wondering the longest it can take

It's to make and register any NFA regulated item (silencer, SBR, SBS etc.) for non-licensees. Form 4 is for non-licensees to transfer an already built, registered NFA item.
So if you want your NFA item faster, make it yourself. E.g., file a Form 1 on an AR lower, have it engraved, then go buy your SBR upper. Or buy an AR pistol, file a Form 1, have it engraved, buy your buttstock. If you buy an off the shelf NFA item, it's a 9 month Form 4.

Back
Top Bottom