ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

One of the reasons why I don't use Four Seasons anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Agreed but I think its a comical way to register a gun before you have the stamp for something that clearly is not defined by MGL for the FA10 system.

Received this non-answer answer from the AG's office this morning:

"Mr. XXXXXX: We have discussed this issue with the ATF, but we don’t control the licensing choices they make.

In general, our position has been that you can build out a non-compliant receiver and register your rifle, provided you retain evidence that the receiver was acquired before July 20, 2016.

Perhaps the ATF can be more specific on your application at this time.

Best,

Gary Klein
Senior Trial Counsel
Public Protection and Advocacy
Office of Attorney General Maura Healey
"

"Mr. XXXXXX: We have discussed this issue with the ATF, but we don’t control the licensing choices they make.

In general, our position has been that you can build out a non-compliant receiver and register your rifle, provided you retain evidence that the receiver was acquired before July 20, 2016.

Best,

Gary Klein
Senior Trial Counsel
"

While still vague, he tipped his hand a little. My take on that is the way the AGO sees it it's not about whether you FA10'd it prior to 7/20, but whether you can prove you simply acquired it prior to 7/20. That's a bit of a game changer in terms of what we thought those moonbats were implying over there is it not?

...kind of chuckling at the pant shitters that rushed to register their stripped lowers on 7/20.

While still vague, he tipped his hand a little. My take on that is the way the AGO sees it it's not about whether you FA10'd it prior to 7/20, but whether you can prove you simply acquired it prior to 7/20. That's a bit of a game changer in terms of what we thought those moonbats were implying over there is it not?

...kind of chuckling at the pant shitters that rushed to register their stripped lowers on 7/20.

If you somehow got jammed up by the AG afterwards, would this email prove entrapment?

Where is the entrapment? You already owned the lower prior to 7/20. You could have sold it off out of state if you were really concerned about the statute, but decided to keep it. There isnt any trickery here (besides the obvious law interpretation)

Best,

Gary Klein
Senior Trial Counsel
"

So you asked the AGO if the ATF should approve your Form 1?
What exactly was your question?

Best,

Gary Klein
Senior Trial Counsel
"
Soooo features don't matter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I keep calling the IRS trying to find out if the $500k in bribes I paid last year are tax deductible, maybe I should ask the AGO instead. They seem to be answering every other stupid question.

So you asked the AGO if the ATF should approve your Form 1?
What exactly was your question?

I inquired with the ATF regarding the status of my application and received the same response as others regarding the Mass holdup (this was a few weeks ago). I fired off an email to the AG's office basically asking for their comment and this was their response. I don't think it really matters anymore since we are now seeing approvals again, but I figured I would pass along relevant info.

Where is the entrapment? You already owned the lower prior to 7/20. You could have sold it off out of state if you were really concerned about the statute, but decided to keep it. There isnt any trickery here (besides the obvious law interpretation)

If you eFA-10 your build and it gets flagged by the AGO as violating the AWB, and you get charged. The email from the AG's office says "build it, you're fine," so I would think you couldn't actually be charged with a violation.

If you eFA-10 your build and it gets flagged by the AGO as violating the AWB, and you get charged. The email from the AG's office says "build it, you're fine," so I would think you couldn't actually be charged with a violation.

Entrapment means that the authorities have lured you into something you wouldn't have done otherwise. You had a lower pre-7/20. You decided to hold on to it and build it up, that isn't entrapment.

OMG it's registered with the ATF that's more that enough in my eyes.

Especially since the state is braking federal law by keeping gun registration records because the federal law says it's against the law to keep records of guns owned by citizens.

The only federal law on keeping gun registrations is for NFA items.

The funny thing Is there are only 7 states and DC that keep gun registration records can you guess what communist state's they are I bet you can.

So F@ck them all its registered with the ATF good enough your a gun owner your a Republican your a red blooded American your not a liberal and your not communist so shut up stop asking questions and stop trying and trying to draw attention to yourself.

Last edited:
I am not a big poster or talker but when I see dumb shit over and over I just pop my top and say it like it is.

But here if you want good news I normally don't like to put things out there first. I normally wait till 10 plus other idiot's run there mouth.

Item: SBR
Method: F4/Trust
Form 4 mailed: 05/18/2016
Check cashed: 05/24/2016
Pending: 05/25/2016
Approved: 01/30/2017
Examiner: ?
Date it arrived in the mail: NOT YET
Days Pending: 250
Total Wait: STILL WAITING
Just waiting for dealer to call.

I believe very much loose lips sink ships.

Last edited:
OMG it's registered with the ATF that's more that enough in my eyes.

Especially since the state is braking federal law by keeping gun registration records because the federal law says it's against the law to keep records of guns owned by citizens.

The only federal law on keeping gun registrations is for NFA items.

The funny thing Is there are only 7 states and DC that keep gun registration records can you guess what communist state's they are I bet you can.

So F@ck them all its registered with the ATF good enough your a gun owner your a Republican your a red blooded American your not a liberal and your not communist so shut up stop asking questions and stop trying and trying to draw attention to yourself.

+1

I am not a big poster or talker but when I see dumb shit over and over I just pop my top and say it like it is.

But here if you want good news I normally don't like to put things out there first. I normally wait till 10 plus other idiot's run there mouth.

I believe very much loose lips sink ships.

I don't often agree with you (if ever) but on this we are on the same page: People need to shut their mouths and stop asking stupid questions.

If you idiots ask too many questions and screw this up for the rest of us, you better go find a rock in Antarctica to hide under because I will provide the rope & pitchforks.

- - - Updated - - -

Form 1 Submitted 5/11/16, approved 2/2/17! 9mm SBR.

AWESOME!! I love how many 9mm AR SBR's are being approved lately, it makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. You will have a blast.

I don't often agree with you (if ever) but on this we are on the same page: People need to shut their mouths and stop asking stupid questions.

If you idiots ask too many questions and screw this up for the rest of us, you better go find a rock in Antarctica to hide under because I will provide the rope & pitchforks.

We had a disagreement one time that's water under the bridge after reading most your post we are a lot alike. That's probably why we butted heads at the beginning but it's all good now.

People need to shut their mouths and stop asking stupid questions.

^^^^^ This x1000

Just stop with the phone calls.

Is it bad that one of my forms was filed so long ago that I don't remember what I registered it for or intended to build with it?

Back
Top Bottom