Article: What N.J. really needs is mandatory gun buybacks: Editorial

From the article: "...Gun owners have to present a "genuine reason" to buy a weapon. A claim of self-defense isn't enough unless you have an occupational need to carry a gun...."

This, right here, is the anti-gun crowds flawed logic in one sentence.

It says it worked in Australia, yeah that is why ISIS was planning to kidnap lots of people and publicly behead them with no one able to interfere. There is a reason they don't try that in Texas!

So do all the voluntary gun buybacks you want. But until they are mandatory, and our society can see past its hysteria over "gun confiscation," don't expect it to make much difference.

Ah yes, "everyone needs to stop being paranoid about gun confiscation so we can start the gun confiscation [crying]"

It says it worked in Australia, yeah that is why ISIS was planning to kidnap lots of people and publicly behead them with no one able to interfere. There is a reason they don't try that in Texas!

The australian gun buyback proves very little because the drop in crime preceded the buyback and continued at about the same pace afterward. The author of the article has some very odd logic. First they say that gun buybacks mostly attract middle aged men with old useless (the author almost says "harmless" but couldn't quite do it ;)) guns, then they claim that the $700 bushmasters are the real problem. First, $700 bushmasters are almost never used to commit crimes. Second, if a gun is valuable to a criminal, and that criminal is going to use it to commit criminal acts, why in the world would that criminal sell the gun at a buyback? They don't care about committing a crime, like the crime of not participating in the buyback, if they cared they wouldn't be a criminal. Plus, I'd have to check this to be sure, but I believe the overall suicide rate has been holding steady while the suicide rate with guns has been dropping. That seems to point towards people killing themselves because they want to, not because guns made them do it.

"As a nation we remain wedded to the delusion that gun ownership stops crime."

I could not care less if gun ownership stops crime or not. The Founders of the Government had the wisdom to explicitly state that the Government they were framing was not allowed to infringe on the Right of the individual citizen to K&BA, which is exactly what any "mandatory buyback" confiscation bullshit does.

I could not care less if gun ownership stops crime or not. The Founders of the Government had the wisdom to explicitly state that the Government they were framing was not allowed to infringe on the Right of the individual citizen to K&BA, which is exactly what any "mandatory buyback" confiscation bullshit does.

This.

Wait till the ebt runs out and the cities burn. Society is a thin crust over a bunch of animals. Just look at any recent riots. You think the police are going help you. Look at Missouri

They cant even get 10% of people in CT or NY to register their shit lol.

This country would fight back violently.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Hey Progun who said earlier that Mass is the stinky armpit I say you are totally wrong. I grew up here lived here most of my life barring military service and I say Mass is NOT THE STINKY ARMPIT OF NEW JERSEY. We are the oozing yellow boil on the taint that is America. We suck if I wasn't stuck here caring for my elderly family members I would abandon this sinking ship of douchey liberalism. Can't New Hampshire win the Powerball, buy Mass and evict said douchery.

First he has a moment of clarity with...

What criminal is going to trade in his $700 Bushmaster for $250 from the state?

Then it's all downhill.

Last edited:

I honestly hope the people start carrying thru on the ISIS proclamation. Life is supposed to hurt when you make stupid choices. That's the way the universe works. When you disarm yourself - you put yourself at the mercy of those who wish to do you harm.

Seems like there's a lot of people in the world who think that because they saw Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis drive off a cliff in a movie - and then saw them show up in other movies later on - that driving off cliffs doesn't get you killed. You can argue with these people all you want - but the problem is that they're too stupid to listen - so the best thing to do - is to just agree with them and try to encourage them to go drive off a cliff. That way you get rid of the idiots because they made a stupid choice (see above comment about getting hurt when you make bad choices) - and you also get to serve as a life lesson to others on what not to do.

It can be a win-win if you just let it play out as it should.

So I say : bring on the beheadings. It's just the world playing out as it should because people refuse to listen and continue to make bad choices.

That douchebag is likely an METROPOLITAN LIBTARD ELITIST. I hope s/he finds themselves someday laying helpless counting the minutes waiting for 'help" to arrive when he/she is being robbed, attacked raped, etc.

In the next breath, this puckering swollen douchebag will attempt to explain why tax payer funded abortions is "progress". This douchebag is the antithesis of personal freedom and liberty.

Crimes of whom? It certainly stops crimes of a government. History has shown that to be true.

If more people would view the 2nd Amendment in that light, we'd all be better off.

Back
Top Bottom