Article: We have lost a great one.

One of his client I talked to said he was a great man, and he'd always referred people to him

R.I.P. Mr Darius

One of his client I talked to said he was a great man, and he'd always referred people to him
I was one of his clients, though he refused to charge me for a consultation. He said something along the lines of, "if you think I gave you significant value, consider making a donation to the GOAL Foundation." I did so.

I referred a relative to him. My relative had been getting a run around for over a year from his police department, trying to renew his restricted LTC. About a week after my relative consulted Darius, I was told everything was straightened out, and shortly thereafter he received an unrestricted LTC-A.

I competed with Darius in IDPA, sold him some things, and while I did not know him that well, I still considered him a friend. I think he treated everyone as a friend.

I agree with the fellow with whom you spoke -- Darius was a gentleman. I miss him.

Last edited:
Derek, this is a wonderful write up. I never had the opportunity to meet Darius, but his reputation spoke volumes.

Fair Winds and Following Seas, Darius. [sad2]

Thank you for your Service.

[halfmast]

I only met him three times at different NES events. Every time he went out of his way to shake my hand and talk with me as much as time would allow. He was a great guy and this is a great loss for all of us. RIP Darius.

RIP Darius. You will be forever missed!

I had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful man at a couple IDPA events and also he provided me with guidance when I was getting my LTC. Great guy!

Just saw this. Well said Derek, thanks for that. Like so many others, he helped me out unselfishly many times both in and out of the shooting world. A class act and good friend to so many.

Will miss you, Darius. MetroWest Tactical that we co-founded will be one of your legacies. Will keep it going for you, my friend.
RIP.

Oh my God, I can't believe that Darius is not here anymore. Such a great guy and even though I only knew him for a very short time before his illness he was very welcoming and easy to talk to. The world has lost a great person. Darius is truly missed.

Back
Top Bottom