Article: Waffle House to Concealed Permit Holder Who Saved the Day: Thanks but No Tha

So the perp is running away with the register. How is it a good call to draw to save some grimy bills? A life, sure. Some cash in a drawer, NFW.

So the perp is running away with the register. How is it a good call to draw to save some grimy bills? A life, sure. Some cash in a drawer, NFW.

Your response is pitiful. He got shot at by an armed robber and you think he should have done what? It's one less scumbag on the street that's going to hurt an innocent person in my opinion.

Let's all step aside. An armed robber is coming through!

I'm sure the perp was "turning his life around". One less maggot.

Your response is pitiful. He got shot at by an armed robber and you think he should have done what? It's one less scumbag on the street that's going to hurt an innocent person in my opinion.

Let's all step aside. An armed robber is coming through!

It's not about the bills, it's about the rule of law.

Criminals need to understand that if they go about robbing places, they might as well go about dying.

The risk is right there on the job description, I'm sure you'd like to remove it and make armed robbery a rather safe job, making it safer out there for criminals than for everyday citizens.

If this was mass, I'm sure this American hero would be arrested for murder, the argument would be he should have stayed in his car, not gotten involved and waited for the police to arrive to count the corpses....

Guys got balls though, I don't know if I would put my life on the line confronting an armed robber who is not directly threatening me or my family... if the perp shot and killed the guy, or if the guy goes to jail for some idiotic state law about sheltering in place and not getting involved, the story ends very differently.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

[FONT=Georgia, serif]"[/FONT]He ordered Davis to stop.[FONT=Georgia, serif] But instead, the police report said, “[/FONT]Davis raised his gun and fired.[FONT=Georgia, serif]” So Rivers returned fire, "[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]I guess the question here is should the security guard have gotten involved at all? Seems like if the security guard kept to himself Davis would have continued on down the road with the cash register.

Now I'm not saying what the security guard did was illegal....although some anti DA might....but, I'm not sure I would get involved trying to save some money for an anti-gun establishment. Seemed like the kid was on his way out when the security guard said something and then Davis he turned and fired.

So I would go into defense mode.....but I would not try to interfere unless I felt I was going to be targeted to be included in the robbery or other crime.

My guns are to defend me and mine and that is it. I'm not out to be no hero or save any money for the antis'.
[/FONT]

It's not about the bills, it's about the rule of law.

Criminals need to understand that if they go about robbing places, they might as well go about dying.

The risk is right there on the job description, I'm sure you'd like to remove it and make armed robbery a rather safe job, making it safer out there for criminals than for everyday citizens.
i figure if there is a criminal with a gun in the same building, who just robbed the place, you are still in fear of your life at least until he is out of the room. if he ran out of the space, put his gun back in his pocket and walked back in and ordered waffles, are you still in danger and fear for your life?

I have only one question. Did the guy get his breakfast ?

Poor bastard was working at the club till 4:00. I bet he was sour he didn't get his chicken and waffles.

Must be some nightclub, eh? The bouncers are packin.

Well, since no Waffle House I've ever tried stopping at was non-smoking, I don't even try. (Having breakfast in a place that stinks of stale cigarette smoke? **** that. Apparently they don't care about the non-smoking clientele.) And now I have another reason not to go there. (they don't carry about losing armed clientele, either, obviously.

**** 'em.

Yeah I read it. Did you?

Rivers was sitting in his car talking to his brother on the phone when he saw Davis running out of the restaurant with the cash register drawer

Perp was running away with a cash drawer and bouncer boy confronts him and orders him to 'stop!' That was the bad call. Dropping the scum who shot at him was the right call, but trying to save a drawer full of greasy greenbacks in the first place? Yeah pal, knock yourself out. Bouncer boy could have been the one taking a dirt nap over nothing more than Waffle House money. That's my point. If a person's life was at stake, it would have totally been worth it. If the article had read, 'Davis ran out of the Waffle House, shooting at (or even just aiming at) people as he ran..."; I would have a different opinion on this.

That said, one less dangerous criminal is totally a win. Rivers should get reimbursed by the government for the ammo he spent, plus a commission for all the tax dollars he saved us.

The outcome of the dead perp is fine with me, chances are he wasn't going to make many meaningful contributions to mankind anytime soon and a few tax dollars saved. I can't honestly say I would have played cop and gone after the guy as it seems he was fleeing at that point. That's what this guy did. He played cop. Who knows, depending on the situation a different mindset might take over? I hope I never have to find out.

The outcome of the dead perp is fine with me, chances are he wasn't going to make many meaningful contributions to mankind anytime soon and a few tax dollars saved. I can't honestly say I would have played cop and gone after the guy as it seems he was fleeing at that point. That's what this guy did. He played cop. Who knows, depending on the situation a different mindset might take over? I hope I never have to find out.

I have no problem with what the guy did either, but if I saw the same thing I sure as hell wouldn't chase after him. I might feel differently if it was a friend's restaurant...or some innocent person was in obvious danger... but a chain? eff that shit. Not my fight.

-Mike

I'm not sure I'd say he "played cop". No dogs were shot [wink].

Maybe he just felt confronting this bad guy was the right thing to do. Which it was.
Was it the smartest thing to do...? Probably not, considering the possibility of personal injury and/or legal trouble, but taking action or not is up to him.
Even in Mass it is still the right thing to do, but the down side is you'd probably hang for it anyway.

The guy didn't "play cop." South Carolina allows for citizen's arrest. - The citizen stopped a fleeing felon after the commission of felony armed robbery. Said felon was clearly a danger to others - when ordered to lawfully stop, he chose to shoot instead. He should have yielded to the lawful command to stop, not raised his gun and and shot.

I see the "I would do that so nobody should" crowd is out in full force again.

??? You mean "I wouldn't do that so nobody should"?

On a different note, it's pure, perfect hypocrisy saying that it's ok for LEO to CC but not a permit holder. ****ing left-wing Statist shitheads.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I've had many opportunities in my life to step up and always did. Just sayin' in my own opinion for this situation I would not kill someone over Waffle House's cash drawer. I'd probably tackle the perp if I could avoid being stabbed or shot. A few years ago I did just that to help two EMT's getting thrashed by some crazed druggie. If I had shot the guy (and easily could have), the responding 'Bama statie would not have accepted my 'I was never here' request.

WTH, I'm easily trolled... [laugh]

In the article I read, the security guard (Rivers) told the perp (Davis) to stop and Davis turned and started firing at Rivers, so he drew to defend himself. Is there a different article that you read?

Yeah how is this the guys fault. Maybe he was trying to do the kid a favor and tell him return the money and no harm no foul get your crap together kid. And instead the kid thinks he's wyatt Earp and the dude defends himself. I doubt the guy wanted to ice the kid from jump street here. I mean he just wanted him to stop and got shot at. I'd probably have done the same thing except be at a waffle house

I've had many opportunities in my life to step up and always did. Just sayin' in my own opinion for this situation I would not kill someone over Waffle House's cash drawer. I'd probably tackle the perp if I could avoid being stabbed or shot. A few years ago I did just that to help two EMT's getting thrashed by some crazed druggie. If I had shot the guy (and easily could have), the responding 'Bama statie would not have accepted my 'I was never here' request.

WTH, I'm easily trolled... [laugh]

Why would you risk your life for an establishment that hates you? (article says they have a no guns policy, to what degree that's enforced, I don't know.

Maybe I'm going to hell but if I roll past a Jareds Jewlery store and I see some *******s robbing it, I'm going to call the cops for sure, but otherwise I'm just going to be lauging my ass off as I drive away from the scene. That company has "**** YOU GUN OWNERS, WE HATE YOU" signs plastered over their buildings.

-Mike

Why would you risk your life for an establishment that hates you? (article says they have a no guns policy, to what degree that's enforced, I don't know.

Maybe I'm going to hell but if I roll past a Jareds Jewlery store and I see some *******s robbing it, I'm going to call the cops for sure, but otherwise I'm just going to be lauging my ass off as I drive away from the scene. That company has "**** YOU GUN OWNERS, WE HATE YOU" signs plastered over their buildings.

-Mike
I wouldn't even bother calling it in.

Back
Top Bottom