Article: VT: Gun-legislation group calls for common ground

How about the common ground of starting with the premise that the innocent shall not be subject to collective punishment for the sins of the guilty?

"call for a collaborative approach to reducing gun violence in Vermont."

Is there a lot of gun violence in Vermont? Haven't really seen them in the news......EVER....

I told you all the last time VT came up, they don't have the balls any longer in VT to do a god damned thing, it's an extension of MA/NY and nothing but a large population of tree hugging, freedom hating, liberals.

I was a LEO in VT in one of the worse areas. Let me tell you there was no gun crime. What a joke. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that these people are worried about guns they are worried about control.

I love the name "common ground" as long as you agree with them you're OK, otherwise you're on uncommon ground.

I'm concerned that their ideas are dangerous to a free society. I call for finding common ground in controlling the spewing of such dangerous notions. After all - the freedom if speech isn't absolute either right. You can't yell fire in a crowded mall. Why should we as a free society that values liberty tolerate the preaching of such hatred of our freedom.

I'm concerned that their ideas are dangerous to a free society. I call for finding common ground in controlling the spewing of such dangerous notions. After all - the freedom if speech isn't absolute either right. You can't yell fire in a crowded mall. Why should we as a free society that values liberty tolerate the preaching of such hatred of our freedom.

I very seriously would like to act upon this notion with a PAC.

You sure can yell fire in a crowded mall, and the only thing you will be in trouble for is if its a false alarm with intent to cause a panic, (disterbing the pease or something)

in point its not illegal to yell fire, its is only when its a intentional false alarm that will bring heat on you

Basicly there are consequences for the things you say, like if you call your mother in law a total bitch, there is nothing ilegal about saying that, but you may find that she will with her every waking hour, make you wished you never said that in the first place

Last edited:
That is right. There is no law in yelling fire in a movie theater as its free speech. But if your vocal cords disrupt the performance you will be held accountable.

You sure can yell fire in a crowded mall, and the only thing you will be in trouble for is if its a false alarm with intent to cause a panic, (disterbing the pease or something)

in point its not illegal to yell fire, its is only when its a intentional false alarm that will bring heat on you

Basicly there are consequences for the things you say, like if you call your mother in law a total bitch, there is nothing ilegal about saying that, but you may find that she will with her every waking hour, make you wished you never said that in the first place

All well and good dude - but it was a joke... One designed to show the ridiculousness of their argument. Besides United States Supreme Court case Schenck v. United States ruled that speech which is dangerous and false is not protected under the first amendment. Many states, and municipalities have laws against such. I can assure you - yellinf fire or bomb in a crowded movie theater, mall, or whatever is very much illegal.

Last edited:
I told you all the last time VT came up, they don't have the balls any longer in VT to do a god damned thing, it's an extension of MA/NY and nothing but a large population of tree hugging, freedom hating, liberals.
You might be pleasantly surprised. There are quite a few good people in Vermont, it's just that the other side is noisier.

burlingtonfreepress said:
Some of it isn’t even reasonable, but the other thing is that giving an inch here is going to embolden people for more and more,” [Burlington gun collector Ian] Galbraith said. Galbraith said that gun owners would come out strongly when any gun-related legislation comes to Montpelier. “We’re not taking anything for granted,” Galbraith said. “We’re not going to be lax or overly confident about anything. We’re going to be right there, and we’re going to make our appeal known.
The comments on the Burlington Free Press website are also generally pretty good.

Every time I hear the phrase "common sense gun control" I want to grab the person who said it and yell "THAT MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS A GODDAMN FOOTBALL BAT YOU MUPPET!"

But that's just me...

Just posted this in the resulting Facebook discussion thread linked to the article:

There's some common ground for you... we all agree that the BFP chose poorly in publishing that picture.

Here's some more common sense common ground that has served Vermont well for centuries: You leave me alone and I leave you alone.

The gun laws in Vermont are fine as they are. There are no "gun problems", only people problems. Prior restraint on possession by law-abiding citizens of the tools they choose for the free exercise of their human rights is wrong on its face. It has never reduced the rate of violent crime, nor suicide, and never will.

All well and good dude - but it was a joke... One designed to show the ridiculousness of their argument. Besides United States Supreme Court case Schenck v. United States ruled that speech which is dangerous and false is not protected under the first amendment. Many states, and municipalities have laws against such. I can assure you - yellinf fire or bomb in a crowded movie theater, mall, or whatever is very much illegal.

so speech which is dangerous and false is not protected? how is "common sense gun laws" not fit that description? anything that takes firearms away from the people is dangerous. that's it, round em all up and cuff em, game over

Back
Top Bottom