Article: Stephen King Tweets ‘Happy Holidays’ — Even to ‘NRA Types’

Have not seen a good book from this chump in decades. One could easily argue this man's books filled with violence and obscene acts against our fellow man has influenced violent culture way more than the firearms owned by law abiding citizens, the "NRA- types". Hypocrite!

Last edited:
The last book I read by King was Tommyknockers, when it came out. Terrrible, I gave up after that. Had some cool stuff early on, but he was a one-trick pony that didn't make it out of the 80s.

Getting hit by that car was traumatic for him, as it would be for any of us. Don't be so hard on him. I think he is a card or two short of a deck.

King is a hypocrite, and not a particularly good writer, I haven't bought any of his books since "The Stand". Lately he labels himself a "responsible gun owner", says he owns 3 guns but nobody needs semi-auto, etc. Likes to pontificate about this on twitter because anything he writes longer than 140 bytes rapidly drifts into unreadability.

If you get a chance, dig out a copy of My Little Serrated Security Blanket from 1995:
King said:
This brings me to a new conclusion: What I really feel when I hold this in my hand isn't so much the possibility of murder as the gravity of mortal things. It speaks to me of the vulnerability of human flesh, but also of the resilience and determination of the human mind: Lying on my desk, it whispers, "If you need me, I'll be there...

... But I keep the Predator under my bed. Why not? One never knows when one might need a good tool, the sort of thing that might make the difference between life and death.

My view of this hack author is summed up in my sig:
"New Hampshire is the center of craziness here. I don't even like to go through there. It's like I hold my breath. That's the state where the governor, three or four years ago, tried to get tactical nuclear weapons for the national guard" - Stephen King, 1980​

Last edited:
Great writer. All of his newer stuff has been fantastic, especially his rewriting of the Kennedy assassination.

I think I have read every book he has written. One of my favorite authors.

After he first got sober, his books kind of sucked for a while but his newer stuff has been great. "Revival" was the best one he put out in a while in my opinion.

He really doesn't know jack shit about firearms however. In a recent book he said something about switching the safety off a Glock. [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom