Article: Springfield Armory® has just introduced a new 1911

Looks like a decent gun. Let's hope it truly has a match grade barrel, as opposed to the crappy two-piece barrel they have installed on some of their cheaper guns.

didn't Springfield armory say some to the effect of "f*ck Massachusetts" in the past?

I think you both (andypieces being the other) might be right. I think I read on Four Seasons website that they were getting the feeling SA might make a few models MA compliant. My fingers are crossed because I want to get a nice 1911 and they're at the top of my list.

I've got their mil-spec manufactured in 2010 and it has a one piece barrel.

Excellent news! Some years back I got a Springfield that had a two-piece barrel, and it was very inaccurate until I had the barrel replaced with an aftermarket barrel.

Excellent news! Some years back I got a Springfield that had a two-piece barrel, and it was very inaccurate until I had the barrel replaced with an aftermarket barrel.

I was cleaning the Mil-Spec a couple days ago and found the "seam". I looked closely when I first got it and didn't see one but it is in fact 2 piece. I apologize for the disinformation.

I was cleaning the Mil-Spec a couple days ago and found the "seam". I looked closely when I first got it and didn't see one but it is in fact 2 piece. I apologize for the disinformation.
Ah, OK, thanks for the info. The seam on the barrel hood is the telltale.

is legal in mass, i checked the list and no springfield amory guns where on there? i am a newbee to all of this so i could be wrong

I actually bought the one flotter had up for sale. Nice gun. Fit and finish are very nice, haven't yet brought it out to the range but am really looking forward to it. So far it seems to be worth the money!_

Incredible pistols! I am very impressed with Springfield Armory's attention to detail and the fit and finish of these bad boys. The slide is amazingly tight, nothing rattles and it shoots like it's on rails.
Expected some FTF, but has run without incident so far. Absolutely no rattles, nothing loose. Winchester white box. Beautifully simple. No crazy front serrations either!
A lot of bang for the buck! Highly recommended.

CIMG1840a.jpg

Last edited:
A slingshot would not be MA compliant.

I have two Springer's, Mil-spec and a GI and I am happy with both.

Back
Top Bottom