Article: Should the Blind be Able to Obtain a Concealed Weapons Permit?

My older brother was issued a ltc about 25 years ago in Waltham. The reason for issuing was Collector. He said that even though he couldn't see it could appreciate the action, the feel and the way it was built etc. At that time they didn't have restrictions on them so he was good to go. I did have him shooting at an outside range and looking over his shoulder all his shots were close to the target. A range officer looked over and asked if he was blind and we said yes. His reply was it was good to see someone with a disability still enjoy the sport. His attitude would have been different if the bullets were flying all over.
At that time they didn't know of anyone else in the state that was legally blind that had a LTC. He was blind from birth and not able to even see light from a flashlight up close.

My older brother was issued a ltc about 25 years ago in Waltham. The reason for issuing was Collector. He said that even though he couldn't see it could appreciate the action, the feel and the way it was built etc. At that time they didn't have restrictions on them so he was good to go. I did have him shooting at an outside range and looking over his shoulder all his shots were close to the target. A range officer looked over and asked if he was blind and we said yes. His reply was it was good to see someone with a disability still enjoy the sport. His attitude would have been different if the bullets were flying all over.
At that time they didn't know of anyone else in the state that was legally blind that had a LTC. He was blind from birth and not able to even see light from a flashlight up close.

I learned to shoot on these:

Baikalmcm1.gif

this and many other pistols were developed by this man:

Margolin_MV.jpg

he was completely blind from 18yo, after being wounded in combat.

If in USSR a blind man could legally develop firearms, what about "the land of the free"?

Do any states have physical requirements for licensure? What are the rules in MA, if any, on the subject? Curious to know.

Back
Top Bottom